BladeRF and MATLAB 2017a error

Off topic threads and discussions
rtucker

Re: BladeRF and MATLAB 2017a error

Post by rtucker »

Awesome!! Woohoo! Thanks for your patience and assistance!

It will only add itself to the path of the first Matlab it finds, so that makes sense.

I look forward to hearing about your project, and good luck ^^
Rey Tucker (she/her)
Systems Engineer, Nuand LLC
Rochester, NY, USA

#WontBeErased
bwick

Post by bwick »

Hey guys,

I've also been struggling through getting the bladeRF to work in a matlab 2017b environment and your suggestions have been super helpful. I'm down to the point at which it works the first time but if I clear and try to reconnect to the bladeRF I get an error no device found message. Any ideas on how to solve this issue?
rtucker

Post by rtucker »

For what it's worth, I also run into this... it almost feels like bladerf_close is not getting properly called to release the device, or something like that. I was secretly hoping it was a problem with my environment, but it sounds like I'm not that lucky :)
Rey Tucker (she/her)
Rochester, NY, USA

#WontBeErased
mando238

Post by mando238 »

rtucker wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:11 pm For what it's worth, I also run into this... it almost feels like bladerf_close is not getting properly called to release the device, or something like that. I was secretly hoping it was a problem with my environment, but it sounds like I'm not that lucky :)
I've finally had a chance to get back at this, I started from scratch in matlab and can now get it to work once again like Axel with the fixed installer on RX ONLY.
But I'm encountering this quoted issue as well; where it will work on the first try but subsequent tries will show no device available in both Matlab. I do not need to reset the device to get it working however, exiting out of matlab (or matlab/simulink) in its entirety will enable the device to be used again either from BladeRF-cli or from a freshly launched matlab.

FWIW - sometimes I can get the following error in BladeRF-Cli if I try entering interactive mode after a matlab script finished first-use of the device (so the script itself has closed the device but matlab is still open):

C:\Users\Name>bladerf-cli -i
[WARNING @ "C:\\Users\\msft\\source\\repos\\bladeRF-win-installer\\work\\bladeRF\\host\\libraries\\libbladeRF\\src\\backend\\usb\\libusb.c":481] Found a bladeRF via VID/PID, but could not open it due to insufficient permissions.
No bladeRF device(s) available.

If one is attached, ensure it is not in use by another program
and that the current user has permission to access it.

------- Regarding Transmitting-----
I still sometimes get the same set frequency issue reported above when transmit is included, even wit the simplified program (device = bladeRF();device.rx.frequency = 2.4e9;device.tx.frequency = 2.4e9;) you suggested. Sometimes instead it gives the issue with no devices found we all seem to be encountering. Sometimes if I reset the BladeRF and the PC, I can get it to run in both transmit and receive, but it will only do this on the first try - after that producing the errors described above...

Thanks for trying to solve this!
I can still roll back to the bladeRF-win-installer-2016.05-rc2-alpha2 when I need full functionality.
rtucker

Post by rtucker »

FYI, I've opened an issue to track this: https://github.com/Nuand/bladeRF/issues/553
Rey Tucker (she/her)
Rochester, NY, USA

#WontBeErased
rtucker

Post by rtucker »

Okay, looks like there was a bug in the Windows-specific mutex handling: https://github.com/Nuand/bladeRF/pull/550

I just tested a build of this and everything seems good! I can clear the bladeRF object in MATLAB and create a new one (or use bladeRF-cli) without needing to close MATLAB!

Here's the installer, built from commit 23c6379: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jlhyaeiukiw7w ... 1.exe?dl=0
SHA256: 61d7a5868e58d3e6cb7695661aa3a605efe230b34841b6e585817fc061fec44d

Let me know if this helps. :)
Rey Tucker (she/her)
Rochester, NY, USA

#WontBeErased
mando238

Post by mando238 »

Glad to hear it's fixed! However, I get an error saying the file has been deleted when trying to download the new installer from that link..
rtucker

Post by rtucker »

Oh frack, my bad. I did indeed delete it. Sorry about that.

Here it is again:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/isfaiyo1l9wf9 ... 1.exe?dl=0
SHA256: 61d7a5868e58d3e6cb7695661aa3a605efe230b34841b6e585817fc061fec44d
Rey Tucker (she/her)
Rochester, NY, USA

#WontBeErased
vondess

Post by vondess »

I still can't attach images, but a text list is below. I will also emphasize I had to completely, manually, delete the C:/Program Files/bladeRF directory before running the older (2016.05-rc2-alpha2 ) installer to get it to work.