How to get everyone phone to connect to your GSM station

Having issues with the site, hardware, source code, or any other issues?
Shadow117

How to get everyone phone to connect to your GSM station

Post by Shadow117 »

How do I set up my YateBTS so that every phone connects to my GSM station? I have looked in multiple articles and nothing says anything but how to enter in specific MCC/MNC for the service provider. From playing around with it I an only have one at a time. Am I missing something?

I am not showing any subscribers and when I try to connect my iphone 4g to it, I get nothing. I've tried different MCC/MNC. Maybe it's because of the LAC?
So:
1.) What is LAC and how to find out more information on this?
2.) How do I get all phones in my area to connect to my GSM station?
3.) Will this boost cell phone reception out in the country since it is basically a mini cell tower? (I'm guessing no, but wanted to ask anyway)

My settings:

BTS Configuration:
GSM =
Radio.Band=900
Radio.C0=75
Identity.MCC=001
Identity.MNC=01
Radio.PowerManager.MaxAttenDB=35
Radio.PowerManager.MinAttenDB=35
(again I've tried other MCC/MNC combinations but not getting anything on my app Network Cell Info Lite)

GPRS=
GGSN
Firewall Enable=no firewall
Ip.MaxPacketSize=1520
IP.ReuseTimeout=180
MS.IP.Base=192.168.1.20
MS.IP.MaxCount=5

For Subscribers:
Regexp* = .*
(Do I need to set this to something different? I thought this will allow any phone to connect)

I've tried changing the MCC and MNC to different ones using this list = http://www.mcc-mnc.com/
But I don't know really which one's to use. So if someone could also explain the differences that would be helpful.

Any help with what configurations I need to change in order to get all phones to connect would be a HUGE help.
I was told to change the LAC but I don't see where that is, or don't know what I should change it to.
Finally do I always have to enter in: root@raspberry:/# yate -s
to start everything or is there a way to auto connect, and then if I want to exit out how do I do that. I get:
Release 5.0.1 formal build date Apr 22 2016 rev
Starting MBTS...
Yate engine is initialized and starting up on GhostBTS
RTNETLINK answers: File exists
MBTS ready

but then I'm not able to exit out or doing anything. And it appears everything is working. Again any suggestions or advice would be great help.
Modify message
qin

Re: How to get everyone phone to connect to your GSM station

Post by qin »

YOU MUST SETUP THE RIGHT PARA.
FOR EXAMPLE:
CHINA,MOBLIE PHONE
Identity.MCC = 460
Identity.MNC = 00
CRF=14