Loading to the FPGA

Having issues with the site, hardware, source code, or any other issues?
riha6265

Loading to the FPGA

Post by riha6265 »

I have a bladerf x115 and was looking to do a little work on the FPGA. I was trying to follow the Building the Project instructions on the GitHub. I am on Ubuntu and have Quartus 17.0 installed. The issue I am having is that when I run the nios2 command shell it opens and close again and then if I run the build blade script it says that it could not find my version file. Is the nios2 shell supposed to put me in some shell? And where should my Quartus files be so that the build script can locate them?
bglod

Re: Loading to the FPGA

Post by bglod »

I believe the problem you are having is that you are running the nios2_command_shell.sh instead of sourcing it. The "source" command will execute the nios2_command_shell within the current shell session, allowing it to setup the environment so the build_bladerf.sh script can find all the Quartus binaries/libraries/etc.. Please give the following a shot and let me know how it goes:
  1. Open a terminal/shell
  2. cd /path/to/build_bladerf.sh
  3. source /path/to/nios2_command_shell.sh
  4. ./build_bladerf.sh <options>
Electrical Engineer
Nuand, LLC.
riha6265

Post by riha6265 »

Perfect! That worked, but then I ran into another issue. I get this error on building: "Unexpected argument: ../../../../../../quartus/work/output_files/hosted.jdi
". I copied hosted into another revision named working, and if I build the working revision then I try and build the hosted revision I get the above error.
bglod

Post by bglod »

Copying/pasting revisions like that seems prone to errors. There's probably some path or file name issue happening there. Did you follow the guide on our Wiki on how to create a custom revision?

https://github.com/Nuand/bladeRF/wiki/F ... m-revision
Electrical Engineer
Nuand, LLC.