bladeRF-cli can't connect first time

Having issues with the site, hardware, source code, or any other issues?
UZ30

Re: bladeRF-cli can't connect first time

Post by UZ30 »

greetings

am trying to specify a frequency range i want to use and i am failing to do so am new to this am using bladeRF-cli.
any ideas. thank you
nipunamr

Post by nipunamr »

You can first type in "BladeRF-cli -i" then you will get the BladeRF> prompt. Then you can follow set frequency and set bandwidth commands. "set frequency" will set the carrier/center frequency and "set bandwidth" will set your frequency range. Here's an example,

bladeRF> set frequency tx 925M

Set TX frequency: 925000000Hz

bladeRF> set samplerate tx 2M

Setting TX sample rate - req: 2000000 0/1Hz, actual: 2000000 0/1Hz

bladeRF> set bandwidth tx 1.5M

Set TX bandwidth - req: 1500000Hz actual: 1500000Hz

bladeRF> set txvga1 -10
bladeRF> set txvga2 0

bladeRF> set bandwidth tx 1.5M

Set TX bandwidth - req: 1500000Hz actual: 1500000Hz

bladeRF> set txvga1 -10
bladeRF> set txvga2 0

You can follow the tutorial below.

https://github.com/Nuand/bladeRF/wiki/G ... ng_Samples

Thanks.
bglod

Post by bglod »

UZ30 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:18 am greetings

am trying to specify a frequency range i want to use and i am failing to do so am new to this am using bladeRF-cli.
any ideas. thank you
While I'm glad OP was able to help you out, please create a new thread if you have an unrelated question. This helps keep topics on track and doesn't steal focus away from the OP's question. Thanks!
nipunamr wrote: I assume the minimum bandwidth is 1.5 MHz. Let's say I am operating around 800 MHz and sampling at 4 MSPS. I think center frequency shouldn't matter in this case. Assuming each I an Q is 4 Bytes (Is it true?). Then every seconds it creates 32 MBytes (4*8). For a minute it will create 1.92GB. I guess I need to listen for about an hour. It's a lot of data but I think I can handle it.
Each "sample" is composed of an I sample and a Q sample, each of which are 12-bits padded out to 16 bits. A full sample (1 I+Q pair) is 24 bits of actual data padded out to 32 bits (4 bytes). If you sample at 4 MSPS, that's 4e6 samples/s * 4 bytes = 16 Mbyte/s if stored in a binary file format.
nipunamr wrote: I guess my question is, can I ask "bladeRF-cli -i" program to send me I & Q samples every 200ms? Then I time stamp the I & Q data and write to a file and go to the next samples.
I suppose you could, but I wouldn't recommend it because you're likely to miss samples. You're perhaps better off using the libbladeRF API directly in your own program. Of course this requires that you manage your memory and perform the analysis on each buffer so you know whether to discard it or keep it, but it would result in a cleaner solution. You may find it easier to use GNU Radio, though.
Electrical Engineer
Nuand, LLC.
nipunamr

Post by nipunamr »

Thanks for your reply. Let me try to figure out how to use libbladeRF API. I am pretty sure I will have more questions. :D