Blade RF A9 Does Not Work

Having issues with the site, hardware, source code, or any other issues?
TomL

Blade RF A9 Does Not Work

Post by TomL »

I never was able the Blade RF A9 to work on Windows 10 in Matlab.
It was able to respond to queries via CLI
It would return "Insufficient permissions for the requested operation" when the probe command was sent from the CLI.
Tried running Win 10 in test mode on the theory it was an unsigned driver problem but this did not help.
Uninstalled reinstalled the latest Windows installer but no success.
I tried it on 2 different laptops, A General Dynamics 8200 and a Lenovo Yoga 730-15
Then I ran the jump_to_boot command which seems to have made it unresponsive.
What should I do?
bglod

Re: Blade RF A9 Does Not Work

Post by bglod »

TomL wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:48 pm I never was able the Blade RF A9 to work on Windows 10 in Matlab.
I'm sorry to hear this. It's easier for us to help you if you provide us with more information such as what you're trying to do, and any errors MATLAB may be reporting.
TomL wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:48 pm It was able to respond to queries via CLI
It would return "Insufficient permissions for the requested operation" when the probe command was sent from the CLI.
The permission issue on the 'probe' command is known. We have a fix, but I don't think it made it into the latest release just yet. Try this PR, #648 if you 'need' this functionality, but note that if you can otherwise interact with the device using the CLI, then you can safely ignore the 'probe' error. It's just because the device is already open.
TomL wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:48 pm Tried running Win 10 in test mode on the theory it was an unsigned driver problem but this did not help.
Uninstalled reinstalled the latest Windows installer but no success.
I tried it on 2 different laptops, A General Dynamics 8200 and a Lenovo Yoga 730-15
Then I ran the jump_to_boot command which seems to have made it unresponsive.
What should I do?
jump_to_boot puts the FX3 USB controller into bootloader mode. Please follow the recovery steps to get back into normal operation. Note that you should not need to perform the jumper steps because your FX3 is already in bootloader mode.
Electrical Engineer
Nuand, LLC.