Cygwin

Discussions related to embedded firmware, driver, and user mode application software development
jquirke

Cygwin

Post by jquirke »

Have managed to get this building (and working well) quite easily at least on Cygwin32.

Anyone interested if this hasn't already been done?
jynik

Re: Cygwin

Post by jynik »

Hey there,

Please do feel free to document your efforts here, as I'm sure it'll be beneficial to others.

Just for my personal curiosity, why did you go the Cygwin route rather than using the Microsoft tools? (I just like to understand how folks are using libbladeRF so that I can keep use cases in the back of my mind at all times.)

It's been a bit of a balancing act at times with respect to keeping the build and configuration happy across Linux and OSX (with GCC and Clang) and Windows (MSVC). As such, we haven't focused much on Cygwin and MinGW much. Patches are definitely welcome!

Cheers,
Jon
jquirke

Post by jquirke »

I prefer Cygwin because you get the best of both worlds. Most of the POSIX implementation is pretty good, even things like SysV shared memory etc.

For hard stuff you can still cop out and call out to Win32 API.

Also I build gnuradio under Cygwin and have used the USRP under that, so it makes sense to stick with it for me.

How do you want your patch?
jynik

Post by jynik »

Either a pull request on GitHub or an email to [email protected] containing the output of git format-patch are fine.

Thanks,
Jon