SDR#

Discussions related to embedded firmware, driver, and user mode application software development
pmmeasures

SDR#

Post by pmmeasures »

Think this more probably driver but could be program itself

But having issues with SDR# they seem to be doing lots of development but broken things for me

Anyone got a working r1423 level install with the bladerf ?

downloaded all the latest relevant bits but on running SDR# and selecting the Blade RF I do not get the popup panel that allows you to select the FPGA image and the gain controls etc etc

Yet works fine for my RTL device but that is as deaf as a lamppost

In the error reporting i have noticed...

Code: Select all

Method not found: 'Void SDRSharp.CollapsiblePanel.CollapsiblePanel.set_AutoHeight(Boolean)'.
   at SDRSharp.MainForm.InitializeComponent()
   at SDRSharp.MainForm..ctor()
   at SDRSharp.Program.Main()
So could be SDR# issue
jynik

Re: SDR#

Post by jynik »

What .NET version do you have?

Any chance you could be running into this known issue? If so, perhaps it's worth pinging jmichelp to see if he's had a chance to update things?
jump

Post by jump »

Thanks to LazyDodo who was keeping track of all the new features in SDR#, the driver should work. Just use the last pre-compiled version of Github. I also updated the installation procedure.

But the error you are seeing mentions a CollapsiblePanel which I think is used by plugins, not by the frontends. So you should also check for the plugins you may have installed on top of SDR#
pmmeasures

Post by pmmeasures »

I notice the github update that was about an hour ago

downloaded and copied the files and its worked straight off the bat, so whatever change there was verse the last commit certainly fixed it :-D
jynik

Post by jynik »

Nicely done jump & LazyDodo!
jump

Post by jump »

All the credit goes to LazyDodo.
I simply clicked a button to accept his pull requests and recompiled the DLL after that :)
jump

Post by jump »

Great news for Linux users: SDRSharp can work on Linux with the latest version of Mono and I just made sdrsharp-bladerf work too!

The modifications are pushed to the repository but I haven't updated the pre-compiled binary because I first want to test that it works for both Linux and Windows.
In the meantime if you want to try it, you can compile it with mono or I can share it :)

My next steps will be to stabilize the code (I probably have a sync issue between the threads because one change the sample rate back and for, it crashes) and I would also like to use the new capability that SDRSharp gives to integrate some controls of the radio directly in the left panel without having to show a pop-up window. Ideally I will put most of the controls here and a button to show/hide the complete pop-up window with even more controls there.

And should the community have more ideas, feel free to tell me what you'd like to see supported on this forum or by opening bugs on the github project!