How to query Rx config

Discussions related to embedded firmware, driver, and user mode application software development
ksmiller99

How to query Rx config

Post by ksmiller99 »

Is there a way to get the rx configuration, or the individual settings through libbladerf? for example, in bladerfcli you can enter "rx" and get the settings:

bladeRF> rx

State: Idle
Last error: None
File: Not configured
File format: SC16 Q11, Binary
# Samples: 100000
# Buffers: 32
# Samples per buffer: 32768
# Transfers: 16
Timeout (ms): 1000

bladeRF>

I'm using C# and have the NativeMethods.cs and cannot find it there or in the LibBladeRF API documentation.

Thanks,
Kevin
bpadalino

Re: How to query Rx config

Post by bpadalino »

That state is maintained in the CLI itself and not in the library.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
ksmiller99

Post by ksmiller99 »

Thanks bpadalino. So those are default values chosen by the programmer and sent to the BladeRF in the bladerf_sync_config() command just before receiving? I notice in the NativeMethods.cs that the bladerf_sync_config() command returns a status, but that it is not examined - is there a reason? Thanks for the newbie support.

Kevin
bpadalino

Post by bpadalino »

You should always check the return codes of all the functions after calling them. I don't know anything about C# so I am not sure what you mean about NativeMethods.cs, but if you call it and it returns an error code - you absolutely should check it.

Sorry if this answer isn't useful.
tom101

Post by tom101 »

To retrieve the RX configuration or individual settings through libbladerf in C#, you may need to explore the LibBladeRF API documentation further to see if there are specific functions or methods available for accessing these settings. If you're unable to find the required functionality in the NativeMethods.cs file or the API documentation, you may consider reaching out to the community or the support channels for libbladerf for assistance. Additionally, you could also consider looking into any examples or sample code provided with the libbladerf library that demonstrate how to access and retrieve the RX settings programmatically.
Sincerely,
slope game