Compatibility with latest SDR#

Discussions related to embedded firmware, driver, and user mode application software development
ykhaled

Compatibility with latest SDR#

Post by ykhaled »

Hi all, do you know if BladeRF works with the latest SDR#? I've been trying but no luck - I must be missing something.

1- Downloaded: https://github.com/jmichelp/sdrsharp-bl ... s/tag/v0.3
2- Downloaded latest x86 SDR# from AirSpy and extracted all contents to program files x86. Tested with Audio card and it works.
3- Extracted all files from (1) to the same folder in (2)
4- Added the following line to frontEnds
<add key="BladeRF" value="SDRSharp.BladeRF.BladeRFIO,SDRSharp.BladeRF" />
5- Installed BladeRF driver via the Windows Installer

I launch the application but its not showing up in the sources (front-ends).
I'm running Windows 10 pro Dot Net 4.6.2

6- Now I tried copying the contents of c:/Program files/bladeRF/x86 to SDR# root folder - same issue
jump

Re: Compatibility with latest SDR#

Post by jump »

Hi,

something's broken in the wrapper. I'm working on a fix and will release a new version as soon as I can.
nipunamr

Post by nipunamr »

I got it to work eventually after trying it for about a week
EmilK

Post by EmilK »

Got an x40+xb200 combo just a few days ago.
I tried everything in different programs but I can't get the thing running (except in SDR Angel).

1. SDR Sharp.
Blade is not even listed even if the dll and the magic line are inserted.

2. SDR Console 2 and 3 are telling me no device found when I select in the dropbox bladerf.....

SDR Angel, blade runs without problems and so can I exclude a hardware error.
CAn someone explain a little bit better how to connect x40 and xb-200? I want to use it for general signal search. Also how can I define the converter in SDR Console if SDR Console can drive the device?

Thank you for your time
Emil
robert.ghilduta

Post by robert.ghilduta »

Quick note, if you are running the bladeRF 2.0 micro use our fork of the SDR# plugin: https://github.com/Nuand/sdrsharp-bladerf the link comes with precompiled binaries.
If you are using an earlier generation bladeRF please use the original https://github.com/jmichelp/sdrsharp-bl ... s/tag/v0.3 SDR# repo.

Quick note about SDR#, I've avoided having to battle UAC by unzipping things to my home directory.
EmilK

Post by EmilK »

Robert thanks for your answer,
as I stated in my query I have an X40+ xb200 combo but in SDR is not even listed.
Strange is that SDR Console v3 (latest version) can drive the X40 when I select the bladerf v2 as receiver type. When I set it to ver. 1 then I go "no device found" message.....
EmilK

Post by EmilK »

Small update
SDR Console v3 (last version).

cli command to activate xb 200 executed successfully.
In SDR Console selected bladerf v2 and device found, frequency range looks good, FM stations visible on waterfall BUT only noise comms out of speakers, bandwidth modified, gain up and down but with no effect.

ANYONE capable to help, it seems that all my questions are parked on ignore, I'm no RF expert or some hacker wannabe, just a normal user that, looking as the hardware specifications, believed that this piece of hardware can be put to good use.....
robert.ghilduta

Post by robert.ghilduta »

With SDR Console a screenshot of what you're looking at might help us a bit more. Would you be able to provide a screenshot of the waterfall and of the configurations pane?
EmilK

Post by EmilK »

SDR Console 3
That moment when I want to prove something and everything is functioning. It can go down to DC area, I just heard a few ham operators at 3.8 MHz talking about Elan radio configuration....
EDIT
This type I didn't activate the XB200 from cli console....I just started SDR Console and the Bladerf.