bladeRF enclosure

Working on something interesting? Share it with the community!
Emil A.

Re: bladeRF enclosure

Post by Emil A. »

Here is my version of the bladeRF enclosure, with engraved logo.
I used two sheets of acrylic glass 181x181mm - 3mm thick.
It cost 19€ + shipping to make (laser-cutting and engraving) online.
I did mine at Formulor, but there are many other companies using the same SVG templates.

enclosure picture
SVG sheet 1: front and sides
SVG sheet 1: back and sides (extra set)

I might post an improved version (with minor tweaks) if you are interested.
BlueMentorJ1985

Post by BlueMentorJ1985 »

acceleron wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:31 pm I had the case cut at http://www.powerjackmotion.com my work is right next to their office and it was convenient and they are pretty responsive on the weekdays. Final cost for fabrication was $47 not including the nylon screws and state tax if anyone was curious.
The svg file should also be usable with services at Ponoko since I fitted all of the pieces to within the boundaries for their P2 (384mm x 384mm) sized acrylic. There are a ton of laser cutting services out there compared to 5 years ago and some local hacker/maker clubs sometimes have laser cutters available for use.
I can also provide a SketchUp file of the case with 3d board if anyone wants. Just be aware that I don't have the bottom of the board in 3D so you might need to take some calipers to the bottom and measure out where the bottom components are.
tara

Post by tara »

I even had utilizing a small scale itx x86 board, since there are a couple of good choices that have USB 3.0 and one could run a x86 Linux introduce or Windows(if one needed). The issue is that battery life would make having a battery not as worthwhile(though still worth having). One likewise begins to make such an arrangement less significant, over a powerful tablet(such as, until further notice, a Surface Pro...not a fan, yet at the same time) or a "high-qualify" laptop(with discrete GPU and different contemplations), an additional battery(for a PC), and a different bladeRF with a nook and its own battery. I have arranged out any unique fenced in areas.
Electrical engineering
tara

Post by tara »

I will probably buy, no less than, two bladeRFs(two of the 115KLE loads up, including the one I obtained through Kickstarter) to keep running in synchronized clock mode. I need to get 2x2 MIMO going, with my enthusiasm for getting to 4x4 MIMO(obviously with development board(s), at whatever point they turn out). I have thought about conceivable fenced in areas for such setups, yet those assembles have be too inconvenient for valuable case. All things considered, it gives me another thing to deal with.

Maybe I will dedicate my 4x4 MIMO bladeRF venture QuadsiMIMO(for Quasimodo, because of the clumsy idea of the setup and the potential for a "bump", of sorts; among different explanations behind the name), given what I rationally speculate my conceivable fenced in areas will resemble.
Electrical engineering