BladeRF for dummies :)

Follow our development of DSP and SDR tutorials
Olaf

BladeRF for dummies :)

Post by Olaf »

Hello Everybody,
maybe this is not the brightes idea but...comparing to my mid-aged ham friends I'm computer geek. I know how to get, git, clone, even compile :)
I use Ubuntu, Win 7, and Osx...But from ham operator perspective ( mid-aged), it's some kind of voodoo.
So idea is...BladeRF for dummies...how, why, what for, pinouts...etc...
73's Olaf
bpadalino

Re: BladeRF for dummies :)

Post by bpadalino »

I like the idea a lot. We keep a wiki up at github that I think would be great for something like this.

How do you think you would try to introduce this to other hams? What drew you to the device as a ham?

We do have our schematic posted, but we don't have it correlated to the physical layout without a DXF file. Do you think that should be more readily available for probing? Website with a picture of the top/bottom of the board, put in a component ref des and have it circle it for you?

Lets talk about it more. I think having something on the wiki like this is great!

Brian
Olaf

Re: BladeRF for dummies :)

Post by Olaf »

Hi Brian,
sorry for late replay.
What drew me to bladeRF ?...its potential and price :)
But seriously...in my opinion it's great piece of hardware to build a computer controlled transceiver. I was going to buy XB-200 even when it was planned to go down to 50 MHz..but now covering HF and down...it's on backorder. "We do have our schematic posted, but we don't have it correlated to the physical layout without a DXF file...", i think it is a must for Dummies especially with XB-200.
How about a GUI transceiver dedicated for bladeRF but it's obviously for the future.
I'll post more after another meeting with my colleagues...they are very interested in this project but not all of them can read schematics and compile...:)
Regards
Olaf