Future of bladeRF?

Off topic threads and discussions
cde

Future of bladeRF?

Post by cde »

Hi,

I haven't followed the project for several months (been busy with other things). As I get back, I notice there hasn't been commits to the github repository, or new blog posts, since last August. I hope everything is going well as bladeRF is a great piece of hardware. Maybe an update from the project creators would do good to dissipate any doubts.
sasan

Re: Future of bladeRF?

Post by sasan »

Hi
I do have the same concern and question.
jom

Post by jom »

I'll "3rd" that concern. The support (at least in the forum) seems to have fallen off the map.

jom
bglod

Post by bglod »

Hey guys!

Nuand is still very much alive! We've been extremely busy behind the scenes. I admit that we haven't been paying as much attention to the forums as we probably should have. As our other obligations wind down, we expect to jump back into the bladeRF to address some of the open issues in the next month or two. Myself, I have a handful of improvements I want to make to the HDL portion of the code base.

There were a number of unexpected part availability issues that delayed production of our last two batches of boards, but we've worked those out and are just waiting to receive the assembled boards from the manufacturer. The bladeRF x40 should be back in stock in a few days, followed by the x115 in ~2 weeks. The XB-200 transverter will be making a long overdue appearance around then, or shortly afterward as well!

- Brian
Electrical Engineer
Nuand, LLC.
sasan

Post by sasan »

bglod wrote:Hey guys!

Nuand is still very much alive! We've been extremely busy behind the scenes. I admit that we haven't been paying as much attention to the forums as we probably should have. As our other obligations wind down, we expect to jump back into the bladeRF to address some of the open issues in the next month or two. Myself, I have a handful of improvements I want to make to the HDL portion of the code base.

There were a number of unexpected part availability issues that delayed production of our last two batches of boards, but we've worked those out and are just waiting to receive the assembled boards from the manufacturer. The bladeRF x40 should be back in stock in a few days, followed by the x115 in ~2 weeks. The XB-200 transverter will be making a long overdue appearance around then, or shortly afterward as well!

- Brian

Hey Brian
Thanks for the update. It's a good news that new boards will be available soon (especially XB-200) and that you haven't abandoned the product line.
I hope to hear good news (and even product announcements) from Nuand and please try to be more active in the forum.
jom

Post by jom »

Great news! Thanks for the reply, Brian.

jom
slaurel

Post by slaurel »

Glad to hear the update. I've been hoping to order a the XB-200 since last August.... I will keep an eye on the site for the next few weeks.