Transverter availability?

Off topic threads and discussions
creator9724

Transverter availability?

Post by creator9724 »

Hello, i didn't know where to post this message, so i put it on general. Since i bought my bladerf i have been waiting for the availability of the transverter but is always out of stock. Does anyone have info on about the time it will be available again?. Is there any problem with certain parts needed to the production?.
Thnaks in advance!!!
txjacob

Re: Transverter availability?

Post by txjacob »

Availability seems to be fairly sporadic. I signed up for the list awhile ago and they became available in July of last year and nabbed one. They seem to go somewhat quickly so your best bet is to sign of for the email notification and wait.
creator9724

Post by creator9724 »

I have realized now that there are available again the transverters. They state it has specific filters for 50 144 and 220 bands, but i assume hf tx capability is also included?. I will be experimenting with it on hf amateur bands using weak signal data modes.
Anyone who has the xb200 can confirm hf working?.
Thanks in advance and sorry for the late reply to the thread, but i tried to ask this question on a new thread, but the systems always says the post needs verification and never gets posted.
robert.ghilduta

Post by robert.ghilduta »

TX and RX should be roughly symmetric in their capabilities including for HF. Please take a look at the product's page to ensure your frequency range is within range.
txjacob

Post by txjacob »

I haven't tried doing TX on the HF bands, but I have done RX on the HF bands. It works alright, its not the most sensitive receiver (as I'm learning more about transverters they all seem to have this issue). You might need some of your own filtering as I was getting strong FM aliasing when I was down at 20M and stuff because the transverter doesn't have passband filters for that low. My assumption however is that if the RX works the TX should work too.