dev-uart_speedup merged

Information on the latest releases, and bladeRF updates

Moderator: robert.ghilduta

dk5ras
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:23 am

Re: dev-uart_speedup merged

Post by dk5ras » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:40 am

OK, I will try, but I still can't update libbladerf, as it will not work on my Kubuntu 12.04 LTS due to the libusbx thing. Anyway at the moment I am in the process of setting up an additional vm with Kubuntu 13 latest release, hopefully this will allow updating it all.

I will let you know what happens :)

Ralph.

dk5ras
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:23 am

Re: dev-uart_speedup merged

Post by dk5ras » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:26 pm

Yesterday I installed a fresh virtual machine, Kubuntu 13.10, 32bit. Gnuradio, osmo-stuff, bladeRF, gqrx, all from the sources to the latest versions, but firmware and FFPGA of the bladeRF still the older versions. Again I got the swapped IQ thing, together with strong image bleeding to the other side. Then I gave bladeRF a -L x, flashed the firmware, restarted the board, flashed the FPGA, and got a failure on the first attempt. On the second attempt it ran through, and now reception was OK, no swapped I and Q, no images. So I assume that something has changed regarding the inner workings of bladeRF, requiring to update both the bladeRF library/tool package and the EEPROM content. Still have to confirm that the Windows behavior is now wrong, but I guess so, judging from the first tests with the new EEPROM content.

Ralph.

Post Reply