[libbladeRF] Software-based FPGA autoloading

Information on the latest releases, and bladeRF updates
jynik

[libbladeRF] Software-based FPGA autoloading

Post by jynik »

Hi all,

libbladeRF v0.16.0 introduced a means to load an FPGA bitstream stored in known locations on the host machine when the device is opened.

Information about FPGA autoloading has been posted to this wiki page.

Cheers,
Jon
jynik

Re: [libbladeRF] Software-based FPGA autoloading

Post by jynik »

I received some feedback and questions on this that I just wanted to share and comment on here.
  • The feedback was that the install path used by the Windows installer should be included in the autoload search paths. This will allow the FPGA to be automatically loaded when using the installer, but allow users to test out new FPGAs by storing them in the %APPDATA% location. I will plan commit this change soon.
  • While this functionality alleviates the need for programs supporting the bladeRF to worry about loading the FPGA, it should not interfere with programs that may attempt to re-load the FPGA during their initializations. If for some reason, you find this not to be the case, please let us know and file a bug report with some verbose logs.
On a related note, I will be taking over maintenance of the Windows installer, and will look to provide more frequent updates. After I get up to speed on this and finish up some automation, I'll post here when an up-to-date installer is ready. I will probably be looking for a few people to help test it out.

- Jon