"Operation timed out" issue when running bladeRF with srsRAN software

Having issues with the site, hardware, source code, or any other issues?
nawood1

"Operation timed out" issue when running bladeRF with srsRAN software

Post by nawood1 »

So I am currently using the bladeRF as the RF front-end device for the base station of the srsRAN software in Ubuntu 18.04.5. I am trying to transmit over air and can run the software just fine. Everything initializes and starts up but after a few seconds, my terminal reads these error messages...

/home/ctaintern/srsRAN/lib/src/phy/rf/rf_blade_imp.c.447: RX failed: Operation timed out; nsamples=11520;
/home/ctaintern/srsRAN/lib/src/phy/rf/rf_blade_imp.c.532: TX failed: Operation timed out
/home/ctaintern/srsRAN/lib/src/phy/rf/rf_blade_imp.c.532: TX failed: Invalid operation or parameter

These errors repeat over and over again forever until I close the program. It seems like many others are also having a similar issue with the bladeRF timing out but I have not been able to find much documentation on the actual fixes for it. Just in case anyone asks, here is the print out when I type "bladeRF-cli -i version"

bladeRF-cli version: 1.8.0-git-29455d29
libbladeRF version: 2.4.0-git-29455d29

Firmware version: 2.4.0-git-a3d5c55f
FPGA version: 0.11.1 (configured by USB host)

I cannot seem to pinpoint where the issue is coming from. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
thijsnl

Re: "Operation timed out" issue when running bladeRF with srsRAN software

Post by thijsnl »

Any update about this? I have the same problem.

Ubuntu 20.04
BladeRF firmware 2.4.0 (FX3)
FPGA Image 0.12.0
latest srsran

Mathijs
robert.ghilduta

Post by robert.ghilduta »

If this was with a bladeRF x40 or x115, make sure to try the latest v0.14.0 FPGA image. v0.11.1 may also not be enough for the bladeRF 2.0 micro.
It'd be worth trying out the latest tagged release 2021.10 either built from source or from the PPA.
thijsnl

Post by thijsnl »

I got it working, iam using a blade 2.0 micro xA9 and xA4. The problem was caused by using Virtualbox with USB3 addon. Configuration and detecting the bladeRF was not a problem, but using it was. Now switched to a dedicated PC with USB3 that does the Job.

Regards,
Mathijs