Run bladeRF demo on github

Having issues with the site, hardware, source code, or any other issues?
jacky

Run bladeRF demo on github

Post by jacky »

I have some questions when run the "bladeRF" demo on github.
My steps: insmod bladeRF.ko ->./bladeRF -d /dev/bladerf0 -l ./fpga.rbf ->
bladeRF> probe

Path: /dev/bladerf0
Serial: 0x0000000000000000
Firmware: v0.3
FPGA: v0.0
Next, how would I test the board? Who can give some advices?

thanks
bpadalino

Re: Run bladeRF demo on github

Post by bpadalino »

If you type 'help' you can see all the commands you can perform.

Some good ones are to first bring the LMS out of reset, and enable TX and RX. Check those values by doing 'print gpio' and you can set them using 'set gpio 0x57'. This enables everything and puts the RF switches in lowband operation (300M - 1.5GHz).

You can then use the simple 'peek' and 'poke' commands to read the LMS registers. One of the first ones you can do is 'peek lms 0 10' which will print out the first 10 register values from the LMS starting at address 0.

We are currently working on TX and RX from the commandline where you will be able to save samples or transmit samples. This should be ready this weekend.

If you are feeling adventurous and have GNU Radio installed (<3.7.0) then you can feel free to download and clone our copy of gr-osmosdr and use it within GNU Radio.

Lastly, if you're more adventurous, you can write a C program which uses the library calls 'bladerf_read_c16()' or 'bladerf_send_c16()' to read and write fixed point 12-bit samples.
madengr

Post by madengr »

Think you will be supporting GNU Radio 3.7.0 soon? The few things I have done, I have already modified to use that. Hate to have to move back.

I assume 3.7 is a development release, so any new stuff should be going in there?
bpadalino

Post by bpadalino »

We are working hard to go through with the gr-osmosdr folks to get into their mainline. They have a lot more expertise than I do on getting up to date on 3.7, and they tell me it shouldn't be too difficult. If you want to open an issue on GitHub saying it doesn't support 3.7 - we can notify you there when it's been both pushed to the mainline and 3.7 support is there. I anticipate by the end of the weekend we'll get both pushed upstream.