gr-osmosdr can't interact w/ bladeRF

Having issues with the site, hardware, source code, or any other issues?
yard

gr-osmosdr can't interact w/ bladeRF

Post by yard »

Hello,

I've built a bladeRF environment with libusb support and gr-osmosdr. The bladeRF-cli seems working without any problems. But when I try to use bladeRF in gnuradio I got the error pointing it can't reach device. Anybody experienced the same? Permissions on file device were checked. bladeRF and gr-osmosdm compiled without any suspicious messages. Any ideas how to fix it very appreciated.
bladeRF> version

Serial #: 41bfbfe1b75f9bbc64eab447bca583bc
VCTCXO DAC calibration: 0x9fbb
FPGA size: 40 KLE
Firmware version: 1.1
FPGA version: 0.0

$ bladeRF-cli -p

Backend: libusb
Serial:
USB Bus: 4
USB Address: 3

$ osmocom_fft -a bladerf=0
gr-osmosdr v0.1.0-9-g265de87c (0.1.1git) gnuradio v3.7.0-134-g193029a7
built-in source types: file fcd rtl_tcp bladerf
Using nuand LLC bladeRF #0 SN 41bfbfe1b75f9bbc64eab447bca583bc FPGA v0.0
Using Volk machine: avx_64_mmx_orc
Failed to read samples: File or device I/O failure

(python:2946): LIBDBUSMENU-GLIB-WARNING **: Trying to remove a child that doesn't believe we're it's parent.
bpadalino

Re: gr-osmosdr can't interact w/ bladeRF

Post by bpadalino »

It seems that other people have been reporting similar things where they have to reload the FPGA each time to get samples to flow. It's currently a bug report that we're looking into.

I believe it's an issue with changing to the correct alternate setting when re-opening the device, but we are investigating it.

Thanks for your patience, and sorry for the inconvenience.
yard

Re: gr-osmosdr can't interact w/ bladeRF

Post by yard »

Hi,

JFYI I've just installed the same set of software on Ubuntu 13.04 instead of Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and gr-osmosdr can see the device now. It works almost smoothly. Trying and restarting gnuaradio-companion or osmosdr_fft with different options can make bladeRF unreachable. But resetting bladeRF (USB replugging) fixes the problem.

P.S. Oh, and I forget to mention that fpga image must be provided as option with path to file in osmosdr source. In 12.04 this workaround not worked for me.