bladeRF x115 - Mac OS 10.11 - gnuradio companion 3.7.11

Having issues with the site, hardware, source code, or any other issues?
herbsims

bladeRF x115 - Mac OS 10.11 - gnuradio companion 3.7.11

Post by herbsims »

OK Guys and Gals,

I have been playing with the bladeRF X115 and have done the following:
1) Updated firmware
2) Updated FPGA load

When I drop down a simple osmocom source, an FFT and frequency sinks get a nice spectrum, but regardless of where I set the center frequency I ALWAYS see a carrier (-40dBm) and the noise floor (-100dBm or so). I have also tried the "Simple bladeRF RX” GUI from Nuand and have the same problem. I've attached a screenshot of the output to show what I am talking about.

Why are attachments not working?

Thanks,

Herb
bglod

Re: bladeRF x115 - Mac OS 10.11 - gnuradio companion 3.7.11

Post by bglod »

I don't see the screenshot.

If it's at the center frequency, it might be the (normal) DC offset. You should be able to plop down a DC filter in GNU Radio if that is the case. After tuning to the frequency of interest, you can also try to run the commands (or GNU Radio equivalent) "cal lms; cal dc rx; cal dc tx" to help get rid of some of that DC offset. You could also generate a calibration table, which will build a look up table for proper DC offset values at various frequency/gain settings.

It could be something else -- I'm not sure without looking at the spectrum.

Regarding the attachments: we're looking into it. Part of the case for you might be because you're a new user, but I think there's something else going on with them at the moment. :)
Electrical Engineer
Nuand, LLC.