Invalid FPGA size 49 after updating firmware

Having issues with the site, hardware, source code, or any other issues?
bglod

Re: Invalid FPGA size 49 after updating firmware

Post by bglod »

Can you redownload the latest FX3 firmware and try again? I'm afraid what you think was v2.2.0 may actually be v2.0.0 due to a mistake in the firmware_latest.img URL. The serial number of all zeroes is, I'm hoping, because of the firmware mismatch.
Electrical Engineer
Nuand, LLC.
REal0day

Post by REal0day »

It is the latest_fw, checked sha256 hash and it is the same. :(
Happy to hear more suggestions before doing the jump.
bglod

Post by bglod »

Just to make sure...you power cycled the bladeRF (remove all power and plug it back in again) after flashing the v2.2.0 FX3 firmware, correct?

Even though the sha256 matches, please delete all FX3 images you have stored locally and re-download the v2.2.0 image if you haven't done this already. I just want to make 100% certain nothing is messed up with the files on your end because (a) I noticed you have a lot of copies/renames of the FX3 image based on previous shell logs, and (b) it should be detected as a bladeRF2 after v2.2.0 flash and power cycle.

The bootloader recovery method using the jumper is not required and probably won't help at this point because you have the updated software that won't fail out upon detecting the FPGA size / board name mismatch. However, if you have any old wire laying around, a paper clip, tweezers, a metal fork -- anything conductive to short J6 pins 1 and 2 together, then it certainly can't hurt to try that method of flashing the firmware. You shouldn't need to buy anything special to do this.

One more thing -- if it's still not working, please take a picture of U20 (it's the SPI flash chip near J6, you can see it in the image I attached earlier). Make sure the picture is clear enough for us to see the vendor/model number engraved on the package. You can attach the image or use a hosting site like imgur.
Electrical Engineer
Nuand, LLC.
REal0day

Post by REal0day »

It worked! Things are great now! Thank you!! :D
REal0day

Post by REal0day »

Firmware looks like it installed correctly, but having trouble with the FPGA now.

Code: Select all

root@ubuntu:~/Downloads# bladeRF-cli -d "libusb: instance=0" -l hostedxA4-lastest.rbf -i
Deferring device init until after FPGA load
Loading fpga...
[INFO @ host/libraries/libbladeRF/src/helpers/version.c:106] FPGA version (v129.129.33153) is newer than entries in libbladeRF's compatibility table. Please update libbladeRF if problems arise.
Read Error -5
ad9361_init : Unsupported PRODUCT_ID 0xFFFFFFFB
ad9361_init : AD936x initialization error
[ERROR @ host/libraries/libbladeRF/src/board/bladerf2/bladerf2.c:1160] bladerf2_initialize: ad9361_init failed: An unexpected error occurred
[ERROR @ host/libraries/libbladeRF/src/board/bladerf2/bladerf2.c:3734] bladerf2_load_fpga: bladerf2_initialize failed: An unexpected error occurred
Error: failed to load FPGA: An unexpected error occurred
[ERROR @ host/libraries/libbladeRF/src/board/bladerf2/bladerf2.c:3287] bladerf2_trigger_init: Board state insufficient for operation (current "FPGA Loaded", requires "Initialized").
[ERROR @ host/libraries/libbladeRF/src/board/bladerf2/bladerf2.c:3287] bladerf2_trigger_init: Board state insufficient for operation (current "FPGA Loaded", requires "Initialized").
REal0day

Post by REal0day »

I rebuilt bladerf-cli and everything works.