blade wiphy

Discussions related to embedded firmware, driver, and user mode application software development
Daniel123

blade wiphy

Post by Daniel123 »

Hi
I have a general question regarding a wiphy :
Did you succeeded to connect to the commercial access point 802.11 and transfer data using bladeRF ? I mean receive a beacons using a DSSS and than proceed with the higher rates?

Another question which is more specific : I see that in the master version scrambler register for 802.11b (DSSS) is initiated with zeros, while in the 802.11b defined other string 1101100. Maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks
Dany
robert.ghilduta

Re: blade wiphy

Post by robert.ghilduta »

Hi Dany,

The bladeRF-wiphy with a BT-100 and BT-200 running on the bladeRF 2.0 micro xA9 should be able to communicate with 802.11 OFDM compatible devices. The bladeRF-wiphy supports the 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, and 54 Mbps OFDM rates for receive and transmit.
The bladeRF-wiphy includes a DSSS receiver for the 1Mbps rate, however faster DSSS rates and transmit and not supported as of the moment.

Regards,
Rob
maruusa

Post by maruusa »

Successful connection and data transmission depends on a variety of factors, including hardware and software compatibility, as well as the correct configuration of the device fnf and surrounding RF environment.
tommchris

Post by tommchris »

I like how the article not only delves into the current state of affairs but also provides forward-looking insights, making it a valuable resource for anyone interested in the future implications of the discussed topic. kinitopet
florencepugh

Post by florencepugh »

You are correct in saying that the 802.11b standard defines a scrambler register for DSSS with an initial value of "1101100" (Barker code). However, the behavior you observe in the main version of the BladeRFbitlife-why project may be intentional for specific testing purposes or due to ongoing development.