BladeRF FPGA Hello World Questions

Discussions related to embedded firmware, driver, and user mode application software development
seanybooboo

BladeRF FPGA Hello World Questions

Post by seanybooboo »

Hello,

New to BladeRF, mostly have used the Pluto with C code compiled to run on the PS. I am wanting to follow along with the FPGA 'HelloWorld' example of getting the status LEDs to blink, but having some trouble.

This is my current configuration:
- Quartus Prime Lite 22.01
- Ubuntu 20.04.6
- BladeRF Micro 2.0 xA4

I am running into an error when I follow the blinking LED example after running './build_bladerf.sh -b bladeRF-micro -r hosted -s A4"

The specific error occurs under the 'Building BSP and bladeRF-micro application'
"
nios2-elf-ar: error while loading shared libraries: libfl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
make: *** [Makefile:768: libhal_bsp.a] Error 127
"

Not sure if anyone else has had this error, or if someone might be able to tell me if I need a different Quartus Prime Lite version. I am retrying the example with version 17.1 as I type.
seanybooboo

Re: BladeRF FPGA Hello World Questions

Post by seanybooboo »

Wanted to share this, got the HelloWorld FPGA blinking light tutorial working with:
- Ubuntu 20.04.6
- Quartus Prime Lite 17.1 (when installing I did not check the Quartus Helper or ModelSim, install kept hanging)
- Most Recent BladeRF Repo

I got an error in the VHDL using c4_clock, not declared, so I changed c4_clock to sys_clock.

I am now watching these beautiful LEDs blink.
skeletoskull

Post by skeletoskull »

I am having almost the same issue, i get error at java thing.
alexreynolds

Post by alexreynolds »

I've been looking for good information on this topic but haven't found anything good until now. You just got a new biggest fan quordle