Working on Windows

Discussions related to embedded firmware, driver, and user mode application software development
SDR-Radio.com

Re: Working on Windows

Post by SDR-Radio.com »

SDR-Radio.com wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the offer, I don't need testers at the moment, I'll post info here when I'm ready.
OK,

I now have the bladeRF working well (IMO) on Windows, this evening it'll be tested by another user then made available for others as soon as he's happy. I am using the latest firmware which keeps the FPGA code somewhere inside the USB controller (that FX3 thingy) so there's no need to do anything when powering up.

Hasta la vista, baby.
dk5ras

Post by dk5ras »

Will it also work with manually loaded firmware, when I build some script for startup? The reason is that with latest FW my BladeRF does not work any more in my Linux VM...

Ralph, dk5ras.
SDR-Radio.com

Post by SDR-Radio.com »

dk5ras wrote:Will it also work with manually loaded firmware, when I build some script for startup? The reason is that with latest FW my BladeRF does not work any more in my Linux VM...

Ralph, dk5ras.
Hi,

It's a Windows console which expects correct firmware - that's it. I honestly don't know anything about scripts and don't have any special support for them.
orangepeel

Post by orangepeel »

Great stuff. Cant wait to give it a try -- keep us updated
SDR-Radio.com

Post by SDR-Radio.com »

orangepeel wrote:Great stuff. Cant wait to give it a try -- keep us updated
Well it's running at 30MHz on the tester's computer, I'm uploading a kit which should run at 38.4 MHz sample rate (had to fix a buggy).

You'll need some decent horsepower for this but it's worth it.
LazyDodo

Post by LazyDodo »

I pushed a basic driver for some sdr# support to my branch at https://subversion.assembla.com/svn/sdr ... o/BladeRF/

You'd have to compile from source and be sure to have a recent version of libbladerf cause it depends on some fixes that were committed 2 days ago.
dk5ras

Post by dk5ras »

SDR-Radio.com wrote:
Hi,

It's a Windows console which expects correct firmware - that's it. I honestly don't know anything about scripts and don't have any special support for them.
The script would be just a simple batch file, loading the fpga image wit bladeRF-cli, then starting your software. As I have said, not all firmware versions do work with all USB chipsets and OSes...

Ralph.