SDR-Radio.com Supports bladeRF

Discussions related to embedded firmware, driver, and user mode application software development
jynik

Re: SDR-Radio.com Supports bladeRF

Post by jynik »

evaxc wrote:usb2.0,I set the samplerate as 40Ms/s ,and found many samples lost,and one 100MB file generated in 10s. what a pity my operating system is 32bit :(
Note the USB 2.0 (Hi-Speed) has a max data rate of 480 Mbit/s, realistically yielding a max of 7 to 8Ms/s. Near and above that, you'll likely see dropped samples.

Just some quick notes of where I pulled that number from:

Code: Select all

480 Mbit /s = 60 MB/s
1 sample = 4 bytes.  A sample is an I,Q pair, where I and Q are both 16bit values (12 of these bits are from the ADC, the upper 4 are reserved).

(60 MB/s)  /  (4 bytes/sample) = 15 Msamples/second
However, this number is the max (nominal value) and doesn't take overhead and various other non-idealities into account. Googling around, 25-30MB/s seems more typical, hence the 7 to 8 Msamples/s I mentioned above.
To operated at higher sample rates, a SuperSpeed controller is a must have.

At some point in the future (once more "headless mode" work is underway), pushing calculations and signal processing down into the FPGA will be needed to make USB 2.0 more useful on memory and CPU constrained hosts.
waldo1979

Post by waldo1979 »

drelectro wrote:Hi Simon,

I gave your app a try this weekend here are my observations:-

- It looks great
- With the BladeRF connected via USB-2 It works OK up to 10 Msps, beyond that I get stuttering, nothing looks out of order on the performance monitor
- With the BladeRF connected via USB-3 I get a BSOD after running the app for only a few seconds

My system is Win7-64 on a i7-3770K / gigabyte z77x-ud5h

Mike
Random thought... Are you using a velociraptor hard drive? I had a similar south bridge related BSOD issue really and it turned out to be a faulty hard drive of all things.
SDR-Radio.com

Post by SDR-Radio.com »

Here's another screenshot, looking forward to the HF converter then I'll get on with full-duplex transmit support:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8lezcy2hzj1gx ... 221737.png
Montezuma

Post by Montezuma »

SDR-Radio.com wrote:Here's another screenshot, looking forward to the HF converter then I'll get on with full-duplex transmit support:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8lezcy2hzj1gx ... 221737.png

Could I get a copy of the 1625 beta? If you have a copy compiled for Windows, great; if you don't have a copy compiled, could I get the source code so that I can compile a copy of 1625?

Thank you.
SDR-Radio.com

Post by SDR-Radio.com »

Hi,

The latest kit for members of the Yahoo! group is 1623, 1625 is just two days later on my development machine. Join the Yahoo! group to see what's happening: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sdr-radio-com/join .

Source isn't available.
Montezuma

Post by Montezuma »

SDR-Radio.com wrote:Hi,

The latest kit for members of the Yahoo! group is 1623, 1625 is just two days later on my development machine. Join the Yahoo! group to see what's happening: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sdr-radio-com/join .

Source isn't available.
Oh, not having the source code isn't an issue for me, given my use of the software(among other considerations). I didn't want to suggest that you compile a copy for me, or anyone else, if you hadn't done so as of yet. I don't like presuming to to tell people that they need to do work for me, nor add to anyone's workload.

Thank you for providing the 1623a build.
SDR-Radio.com

Post by SDR-Radio.com »

No problem, hoping to have version 2.1 released in two weeks.
youngb

Post by youngb »

Hi,

When I try to define my radio (BladeRF x40), BladeRF appears in the dropdown menu but when I select it, I get "Nothing found, sorry". Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm new to SDR's so I could be doing something wrong. I appreciate the help in advance.
anilsrk0

Post by anilsrk0 »

cmh716 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:48 am I just got my BladeRF and tried sdr-radio. At rates above 20MHz, i get a lot of stuttering. At 38MHz capture rate, the sir-radio process is only using 30% CPU according to the task manager. Any ideas what the bottleneck could be? Thanks - love the sdr-radio pgm
I think you are ruuning blade rf in usb 2.0 but it will give good results in usb 3.0 or usb -c ... try for it .. hope this will helpfull for you
anilsrk0

Post by anilsrk0 »

i am using Blade RF in SDR Console software. after that i got the following doubts in my mind . please clarify

1. how to decode scrambled analog data in sdr console software?. By inverting the spectrum in sdr sharp software i am able listen scrambeld voice but it does not work for me in sdr console

2. How to decode digital signals in sdr console ?

3. Does SDR Cosnole support any external plugins like SDR sharp?

4.what is the use of two RXs in Blade RF? Does it mean it will scan two spectrums simulataniuosly? If it mean, how we can activate two RXs simultaniously?

Thanks a lot in advance