SDR-Radio.com Supports bladeRF

Discussions related to embedded firmware, driver, and user mode application software development
cmh716

Re: SDR-Radio.com Supports bladeRF

Post by cmh716 »

I just checked Performance-->Options-->Queues at 30MHz sampling and all the lengths are low except for Main FFT. That's upwards of 270
on4bhm

Post by on4bhm »

What do i need of drivers in order to run sdr-radio with my bladeRF?
SDR-Radio.com

Post by SDR-Radio.com »

cmh716 wrote:I just checked Performance-->Options-->Queues at 30MHz sampling and all the lengths are low except for Main FFT. That's upwards of 270
Interesting...

Now in SDR-Radio I do *not* throw away data to keep CPU down as throwing away data will reducing the FFT (waterfall) quality. There is a trick I can use - simple - allow two or more threads to process FFT data, that should solve the issue. Until I do this check the ribbon bar's Display / Resolution setting and make sure it's set to Default.

Or use a lower sample rate...

I would like to see a screenshot of the attached window - just click the camera in the bottom left.
SDR-Radio.com

Post by SDR-Radio.com »

on4bhm wrote:What do i need of drivers in order to run sdr-radio with my bladeRF?
None - if the bladeRF works with the command-line programs then you're good to go.
cmh716

Post by cmh716 »

Screenshot-2013-10-25-091328.png
Screenshot-2013-10-25-091328.png
cmh716

Post by cmh716 »

sorry. somehow it loaded a picture twice
syntroniks

Post by syntroniks »

I've updated everything to its latest, sdr-radio complains it can not get exclusive access (no I don't have bladeRF-cli running somewhere)
I tried the 64 bit version of the application as well
SDR-Radio.com

Post by SDR-Radio.com »

syntroniks wrote:I've updated everything to its latest, sdr-radio complains it can not get exclusive access (no I don't have bladeRF-cli running somewhere)
I tried the 64 bit version of the application as well
This is because the software can't create a Mutex (lock). I've seen this with someone else (unless it's you).

Have you installed any special security software or changed your Windows account? A normal user can create a Mutex.

You say you tried the 64-bit as well - how did you manage to install the 32-bit version on a 64-bit platform?

Something's not right.
cmh716

Post by cmh716 »

I'm using default resolution on the waterfall now but it's still stuttering. Looking forward to the multi-process FFT version. Thanks for the hard work on this great software.
SDR-Radio.com

Post by SDR-Radio.com »

cmh716 wrote:I'm using default resolution on the waterfall now but it's still stuttering. Looking forward to the multi-process FFT version. Thanks for the hard work on this great software.
Hi,

*please* post a screenshot, http://v2.sdr-radio.com/Support.aspx . I would love to see what you're doing. Attach the logfile here as well please, maybe in a ZIP?
SDR-Radio.com

Post by SDR-Radio.com »

BTW, a new beta is available: http://v2.sdr-radio.com/Download.aspx .
cmh716

Post by cmh716 »

I posted a screenshot earlier in this thread. I'll do it again and post a zip. Thanks
cmh716

Post by cmh716 »

I just installed the newest beta and the problem with stuttering is still occurring. Please see the attached logs. Thanks
SDR-Radio.com

Post by SDR-Radio.com »

cmh716 wrote:I just installed the newest beta and the problem with stuttering is still occurring. Please see the attached logs. Thanks
OK,

I think you have stuttering because the computer can deliver samples fast enough, some are being lost. I'll see if I can confirm this.
SDR-Radio.com

Post by SDR-Radio.com »

SDR-Radio.com wrote:
cmh716 wrote:I just installed the newest beta and the problem with stuttering is still occurring. Please see the attached logs. Thanks
OK,

I think you have stuttering because the computer can deliver samples fast enough, some are being lost. I'll see if I can confirm this.
The next kit will display "Sync Lost" if there is a packet loss.