What is going on?

Discussions related to embedded firmware, driver, and user mode application software development
rxtx

What is going on?

Post by rxtx »

I am impressed by the BladeRF projekt and I understand it is resource demanding, however anyone starting such project and asking for peoples money to realize it must support the founders. I am not saying you are not but there is no updates on whats going on since end of October. I am waiting for the HF/VHF Board "not to be shipped until November"... It is still ok for me if it's delayed due to making it as high performing as possible. But what I and I suppose others BladeRF owners would appreciate is more active Blog so we don't need to be suspicious about you guys have lost the spirit. I don't like browsing the forum for news, especially not reading about other frustrated enthusiasts. Thanks, Ricard
bpadalino

Re: What is going on?

Post by bpadalino »

I agree we haven't been as communicative as we could have been.

Let me first and foremost say I appreciate your support. With that being said, if you have placed an order for something that hasn't shipped yet and wish for a refund just let us know and we will gladly get your money back to you with no problems.

As for the status of the transverter board, we're going with a block conversion with a filterbank and getting the direct sampling headers all figured out as well as all the filtering for the different amateur bands of interest on the front and for harmonic filtering.

We are also trying to figure out how the expansion boards will work with the library from a software perspective.

I can understand the lack of communication is frightening, and I apologize. I am sincerely trying as hard as I can to get the software as stable as possible and build a great foundation to start on.

If you would prefer, I can start a thread for status and post weekly on what development has occurred over the past week. Otherwise, there is always an open task list at github.

As always, please feel free to post and comment as well as visit us on IRC in #bladerf on freenode.