LTE-Cell-Scanner

Discussions related to embedded firmware, driver, and user mode application software development
jasonkaufmann

LTE-Cell-Scanner

Post by jasonkaufmann »

Hi all,

I don't see any post which specify if I have to introduce myself or not on this forum, so... I'm Jason, 28 years and I'm from Switzerland, I'm a student in an engineering school who must do his bachelor thesis.

The purpose of my project is to scan 4G network and obtain some informations about cell detected, I need to obtain those informations when a cell is detected with LTE-Cell-Scanner:
MCC, MNC, CellID, RXlev and TAC.

I will do this project with the BladeRF40, so I have 2 questions for you at the moment and I hope you can help me:

1: I saw on Evrytania's web site that the MCC, MNC and TAC are not display when a cell is detected. So is there any way to modified the LTE-Cell-Scanner source code to obtain those informations?

2: Is there any output file, which is created after the scan, and which contain the result of this scan? if yes, what's the extension of this file?

Many thanks for your help and best regards.

Jason Kaufmann
Ailo

Re: LTE-Cell-Scanner

Post by Ailo »

jasonkaufmeann wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:56 pm
I will do this project with the BladeRF40, so I have 2 questions for you at the moment and I hope you can help me:

1: I saw on Evrytania's web site that the MCC, MNC and TAC are not display when a cell is detected. So is there any way to modified the LTE-Cell-Scanner source code to obtain those testofuel
informations?

2: Is there any output file, which is created after the scan, and which contain the result of this scan? if yes, what's the extension of this file?

Many thanks for your help and best regards.

Jason Kaufmann
Can we get an answer to question number 2?
mazen

Re: LTE-Cell-Scanner

Post by mazen »

Dears , any update regarding quesion number 1 .. did any one can decode SIB 1 and return MNC , MCC , LAC ?