About the fpga autoloading

Discussions related to embedded firmware, driver, and user mode application software development
creator9724

About the fpga autoloading

Post by creator9724 »

Hello, just noticed a few days ago that when i plug in the bladerf and launch the bladeRF-cli -i command, the fpga automatically gets loaded. I tried to disable the autoload doing as specified in the docs with bladeRF-cli -L -X, and it shows that is erasing blocks and finishes without errors, but whenever i disconnect the hackrf and connect again, i launch the bladeRF-cli in interactive mode and the fpga gets autoloaded. I noticed that under linux this doesn't happen, and i need to use the load fpga command to load it. The reason i want to disable the autoload is because it is recommeended in case of firmware upgrade, and because i want to upgrade it i need to disble it first. IS somehow the autoload tied to windows?. If it counts, when appeared the latest fpga i loaded it first on linux, but under virtual machine, as i was trying to experiment with yatebts, but lately i'm experimenting with gnuradio under windows in order to not having problems with usb transfer and using the usb3 natively under windows while i got another drive for a native linux install.
Thanks in advance!!
bglod

Re: About the fpga autoloading

Post by bglod »

It sounds as if .rbf files are placed in the autoloading path(s). You say this happens only on Windows, so it might be something the installer does. If I remember correctly, Ubuntu will also do this if you install the FPGA packages via apt-get. Take a look at the paths listed in the Autoloading wiki page and delete any .rbfs you find:

Windows: https://github.com/Nuand/bladeRF/wiki/F ... ng#windows
Linux: https://github.com/Nuand/bladeRF/wiki/F ... nux-or-osx
Electrical Engineer
Nuand, LLC.
creator9724

Re: About the fpga autoloading

Post by creator9724 »

Thanks for the reply. Recently i have been reading in the forum and it seems as you say related to the windows driver and autoload. Will keep reading on that and the links you provide.