pps triggers rx

Discussions related to embedded firmware, driver, and user mode application software development
KE8NDP

pps triggers rx

Post by KE8NDP »

Hello, I would like to start an rx collection when a pps signal is recieved by the bladerf. Im not sure how i would start to do this. Can the trigger functionality be used to this or will there need to be changes to nios code? Can the nios code look at the trigger registers? I am a little bit confused on the internals of the trigger functionality. Any guidance would be appreciated.
robert.ghilduta

Re: pps triggers rx

Post by robert.ghilduta »

Hello, which bladeRF are you using?
For some documentation on sample triggering and using the trigger command in bladeRF-cli please take a look at the following Github page: https://github.com/Nuand/bladeRF/blob/m ... /README.md
KE8NDP

Post by KE8NDP »

I am using the x40. I get that the triggering functionality is meant to work from a second bladerf but can it work from a signal from an external device? How is the triggering implemented internally - can I get a consistent latency between the time the trigger is fired and the start of the collection?
uceebea

Post by uceebea »

Hi KE8NDP,

I have been experiencing the same difficulty's trying to trigger a bladeRF micro 2.0 XA4 from an external reference.
From examining the trigger signal output from the master SDR on a scope, I think there is more going on than just a pulse falling from 3.3V to GND. It appears the trigger first arms at approx. 200mV, then when the trigger is sent, the pin rises to 3.3V for approx. 50ms before falling to GND. I've noted that the period in which the trigger pin is pulled to GND seems to vary depending on the capture/transmit duration.

Have you perchance had any luck trigger the device since your last post?

Many thanks
hevok22138

Post by hevok22138 »

I think you'll need to set up the BladeRF to recognize and respond to the PPS signal. This might involve configuring the trigger registers within the BladeRF's firmware or driver software to detect the PPS signal as a trigger event.
basketball stars