Can this board be extended to 2*2 MIMO?

Discussions related to schematic capture, PCB layout, signal integrity, and RF development
asd2014

Can this board be extended to 2*2 MIMO?

Post by asd2014 »

Dear Sir,

I am interested in bladeRF. I read in your forum that the external clock does not work at a time. So how can we extend to 2*2 MIMO without this clock?

Best regards,
asd
bpadalino

Re: Can this board be extended to 2*2 MIMO?

Post by bpadalino »

That clock is required to get 2*2 MIMO working. We've tested that boards can be synchronized to accept and provide clocks using the SMB port, but we haven't put the code into libbladeRF yet. It's on our task list. Sorry for the inconvenience.
asd2014

Post by asd2014 »

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. Could you please tell me When do you expect to include it into libbladeRF?
bpadalino

Post by bpadalino »

The code to select the clock source and turn on the output isn't very difficult, so hopefully it's something we knock off very quickly this weekend.

The HDL and host code required to understand the relative offsets of each of the boards and get samples to go out in a timed fashion is a bit more complicated, so that might take a while.

If you are willing to just have samples which are received using a common baseband clock, that should be done soon. True synchronization for MIMO operation is a while off. Sorry for the inconvenience.