ETSI EN 300 744 compliant DVB-T transmitter

Working on something interesting? Share it with the community!
dk5ras

Re: ETSI EN 300 744 compliant DVB-T transmitter

Post by dk5ras »

gr-dvbt does not build here. "SSE instruction set not enabled". cat /proc/cpuinfo gives me among many others the flag "sse", so there should be no problem?!

Ralph.
dk5ras

Post by dk5ras »

drmpeg wrote:Bogdan Diaconescu YO3IIU has just updated his open source DVB-T implementation to GnuRadio 3.7.2.1 at https://github.com/BogdanDIA/gr-dvbt. It builds (I had to add -DCMAKE_C_FLAGS=-mavx to the cmake command line) and the transmitter GRC flowgraph seems to work. I can't test it since I don't have a DVB-T receiver or dongle.

http://yo3iiu.ro/blog/?p=1191

Ron
"cmake .. -DCMAKE_C_FLAGS=-mavx" was the solution to my build problems with the SSE error. Ron pointed me into the right direction, thanks a lot, just wanted to mention it once again here, to make the relation between the SSE error and the cmake option :) Maybe I am not the only one who steps into this trap...

Ralph.
dk5ras

Post by dk5ras »

Just as an update, the gr-dvbt flowgraph runs just fine, and the spectrum analyzer in gnuradio shows a neat spectrum mask as expected - but the bladeRF only spits out some warbling spectrum, and when listening into the frequency with an AM receiver I hear some warbling sounds. Well, for sure some config issue or thelike, guess I will find it out.
drmpeg

Post by drmpeg »

For bladeRF, the dvbt_tx_demo.grc flowgraph needs to be changed a little. The rational resampler is not needed (it was put in for the Ettus USRP N210), since the sampling frequency of bladeRF can be set to any number. And of course, the bladeRF osmocom Sink needs to be added.

In Germany, the DVB-T channels are 8 MHz wide, so the bladeRF sampling rate needs to be set to 64000000 / 7 or 9.142857 Msps.

Here's a pic of the modified graph.

Ron
argilo

Post by argilo »

I've written a blog post about transmitting DVB-T on the amateur bands, and how to receive it using an RTL-SDR dongle:

http://www.irrational.net/2014/03/02/digital-atv/
tara

Post by tara »

I played a great deal with this setup and I figured out how to get it to function from 3.7Mbps up

to 32Mbps. Additionally it's conceivable to transmit 1080p as h264, not only SD in MPEG2.

on the most reduced setting the range was noteworthy and the framework

incredibly vigorous.

In any case, not all things are upbeat daylight on the grounds that there are still a few characteristics I can't

clarify, similar to the recipient loosing it's lock starting with one minute then onto the next however

resycing minutes after the fact. On another machine than the Center i7 at work those

eccentricities are much more terrible, despite the fact that there ought to be by a wide margin enough strength.

Possibly it's some planning issue associated with power the executives like dynamic

recurrence scaling or dynamic ticks. In the wake of killing DFS steadiness was

expanded a great deal.
Electrical engineering