BladeRF examples in Windows

Follow our development of DSP and SDR tutorials
Helper

BladeRF examples in Windows

Post by Helper »

Hi,

I am a beginner using BladeRF with Visual C++ and VHDL in Windows. I finished source compilation and ready to begin.

Are there any sample codes in C++ to program this device / get data? After installation, I do have some C++ headers but not a sample code such.

Please do share any resource which can speedup this learning. On wiki examples, I found linux support and python programming files but not C/C++.

Thanks,
Hlr
jynik

Re: BladeRF examples in Windows

Post by jynik »

Hi there,

You can build Doxygen documentation or get it from the nuand website. Over the holiday, I'm hoping to find some time to add some content to the front page of those API docs.

As far as sample code, you can look at some items in the libbladeRF/doc/examples directory. These are the snippets included with the API docs, but in a form that can be compiled and run for QA purposes.

Beyond that, you could look at the bladeRF-cli or some test programs, such as libbladeRF_test_sync. One thing to be aware of, however, is that thread-safety was introduced into libbladeRF v0.17.0, but many of these test programs still have their own "device lock" -- this is no longer neccessary and we need to go back and clean this up sometime.
Helper

Re: BladeRF examples in Windows

Post by Helper »

Hi,

Thanks a lot for letting me know!