Matlab keeps crashing at

Having issues with the site, hardware, source code, or any other issues?
aoweis

Matlab keeps crashing at

Post by aoweis »

Hi all, I'm still a beginner here and would appreciate any help.

I have BladeRFx40 board and I'm trying to use it with Matlab on Windows 7. I installed the latest windows version and the board seems to communicate well with bladeRF CLI. However, using Matlab 2016b and 2018b, it doesn't and Matlab keeps crashing. I tried "bladeRF_rx_gui" and it crashed Matlab.

I also noticed the following sequence whenever I run the simple command:

Code: Select all

b = bladeRF('*:serial=xxx');

- The first time I run the command after starting Matlab, I get the following error:
Warning: The thunk(voidPtrbladerf_image_typeuint32uint32Thunk) for function 'bladerf_alloc_image' was not found in the
library
> In loadlibrary
In bladeRF/load_library (line 306)
In bladeRF (line 373)
Warning: The thunk(voidPtrbladerf_fpga_sizeuint16Thunk) for function 'bladerf_alloc_cal_image' was not found in the library
> In loadlibrary
In bladeRF/load_library (line 306)
In bladeRF (line 373)
Error using bladeRF/load_library (line 316)
Failed to find functions in libbladeRF.

Error in bladeRF (line 373)
bladeRF.load_library();
If I run the same command again, Matlab would execute the above code successfully without crashing but it then crashes at the following line in bladeRF.m:

Code: Select all

[status, ~, devinfo] = calllib('libbladeRF', 'bladerf_get_devinfo', dptr, []);
Anyone can help?

Many thanks,
stevewilliam007

Re: Matlab keeps crashing at

Post by stevewilliam007 »

When I was trying to install itunes on windows 7 it was literally crashing and I could not finish the installation. I even tried to install it with admin privileges but still the same thing.
atec

Post by atec »

Have no solution for this, but want to add that this is still a problem even for Linux. Running into the exact same scenario.

Must be either a MATLAB-related issue or something that hasn't been updated for libbladeRF 2?
robert.ghilduta

Post by robert.ghilduta »

Please ensure you're trying the latest Windows installer. Or if you're on Linux, try the latest Github commits, build_thunk should show slightly more verbose output (and doc help when running doc build_thunk).