bladeRF 2.0 micro xA9 fully compatible with Quartus Prime Lite?

Discussions related to embedded firmware, driver, and user mode application software development
WStroupe

bladeRF 2.0 micro xA9 fully compatible with Quartus Prime Lite?

Post by WStroupe »

Hello, I want to purchase the bladeRF 2.0 micro xA9 and do custom development of Cyclone V images using Quartus Prime Lite. Is the bladeRF 2.0 micro xA9 fully compatible with the latest Quartus Prime Lite 22.1 release for Linux?

The Intel website states that I have to purchase a Cyclone V dev kit in order to do such development work because the dev kit will contain the necessary Cyclone V device files. Does the bladeRF 2.0 micro xA9 provide everything I need in order to use Quartus?

I'm on a tight budget and need to know if I will be required to purchase something else besides the bladeRF 2.0 micro xA9. The dev kits for the Cyclone V are quite expensive by comparison.

Is anyone here able to suggest any alternative to Quartus for the dev work I want to do? I see that very few Quartus thread exist here - what are software developers using instead of Quartus? Is there non-paid versions of these alternatives?

I appreciate any helpful info to help me understand the answers.

William
robert.ghilduta

Re: bladeRF 2.0 micro xA9 fully compatible with Quartus Prime Lite?

Post by robert.ghilduta »

Hi William,

The bladeRF 2.0 micro family is supported by the Quartus Lite tool suite which can be used without needing to purchase a Quartus license. Quartus is by far the most feature complete and advanced tool for Intel FPGAs. The Yosys toolchain has been making great progress, but Intel's tooling (Quartus) for their own parts still provides the best device support.