Timeframe on Windows drivers?

Discussions related to embedded firmware, driver, and user mode application software development
bpadalino

Re: Timeframe on Windows drivers?

Post by bpadalino »

The 3 interfaces were collapsed to one this past weekend with a firmware update. Grab the latest firmware and flash it to the device to get out of legacy mode.
spcutler

Post by spcutler »

SDR-Radio.com wrote:
spcutler wrote:Sadly, I won't have time in the next several days to work on it more. I'll keep you guys posted, though!
No rush, code to write here as well. I'm looking forward to satellite tracking with the bladeRF.
I hope you spend some time tracking my satellite, then :). It hasn't been launched yet, but here'sthe link if you're interested. Although bladeRF isn't critical for our mission, we're hoping to make use of it for bidirectional communication. I've had AX.25 decoding working for quite some time on the RTL dongles, and I'd like to get it working for the uplink too. bladeRF is cheap enough that we may be able to build our own network of ground stations.
spcutler

Post by spcutler »

bpadalino wrote:The 3 interfaces were collapsed to one this past weekend with a firmware update. Grab the latest firmware and flash it to the device to get out of legacy mode.
Thanks! Though now I have to build bladeRF-cli, and that comes with its own host of errors, such as getopt.h and unistd.h not being available. Maybe I'll just install a virtual Linux box to get it reflashed...
SDR-Radio.com

Post by SDR-Radio.com »

spcutler wrote:
SDR-Radio.com wrote:
spcutler wrote:Sadly, I won't have time in the next several days to work on it more. I'll keep you guys posted, though!
No rush, code to write here as well. I'm looking forward to satellite tracking with the bladeRF.
I hope you spend some time tracking my satellite, then :). It hasn't been launched yet, but here'sthe link if you're interested. Although bladeRF isn't critical for our mission, we're hoping to make use of it for bidirectional communication. I've had AX.25 decoding working for quite some time on the RTL dongles, and I'd like to get it working for the uplink too. bladeRF is cheap enough that we may be able to build our own network of ground stations.
Sure, no problem. Please let me know as soon as you get the bladeRF running in receive on Windows, I'll get mine ordered and add support. I have a few users of my console who would be interested, I'm only too glad to help.

I can also add the AX.25, so as soon as you've received the first IQ I'll join you.

Now back to the HF Radio integration...
on4bhm

Post by on4bhm »

i followed the instructions like in the wiki....

i'm using visual studio

what is mingw? there is no mentioning in the wiki
jynik

Post by jynik »

on4bhm wrote:i followed the instructions like in the wiki....

i'm using visual studio

what is mingw? there is no mentioning in the wiki
mingw provides a minimalistic GNU development environment for Windows.

As far as Windows support goes, we're looking to first get support for Visual Studio (Express) working. Support for minGW and cygwin may follow at some later time, if community members want it. ( As always, we'll gladly accept patches if community members want to pave the way on these items.)

Work on windows support is taking place in the dev-windows_support branch currently. Keep an eye on this for daily progress, but note that as it's a "dev" branch, it should be considered unstable -- the HEAD commit may break things from time to time.

A number of the issues mentioned in this thread have been addressed in that branch, and others will be soon. We're looking to have things fixed by Sunday/Monday evening, so check back soon! :)
on4bhm

Post by on4bhm »

what bothers me the most is, that think i bought bladeRF way to early.

In the box that shipped there was totally no information what so ever!
i don't even know for now if the fpga is programmed or not.

i find very little information in this forum...
and the steps i need to do that are discribed don't work.

The board is laying there.... hoping that someone can explain what i can do with it in windows or (better) in Linux with gnuradio.

kind regards
rxtx

Post by rxtx »

Hi All,

With regards to this tread being the most active here, Windows Drivers/API and FPGA flashing Instructions seems to be crucial for BladeRF Owners that also would like to become USERS ;-) Especially Radio Armatures/HAM people are potential buyers of this equipment but generally not hackers in advanced Linux CLI or programmers...

As another early bird noted here the BladeRF is an fantastic piece of hardware but still useless for everyone (included me) that is not a Linux or software expert.

BladeRF would attract many Radio Enthusiasts if it was interfaced to "existing" Windows SDR clients.

Please help! I am eager to get my BladeRF running for late night Windows PC-Transceiver-DXing, I'm desperate! :-)

...also waiting for my VHF extension board... :P

Thanks guys!
syntroniks

Post by syntroniks »

Well I can say with utmost confidence that the amount of documentation and tutorial on getting a working Linux system is plenty for myself [a non-linux expert]

Still, my home is Windows and for development purposes, I would like to have a smooth environment (read: crash-free) to work with. My final implementation will be embedded most likely but for the time being I have to mention I'd rather work in windows.