OSMOCOM Command not found

Having issues with the site, hardware, source code, or any other issues?
carrotface013

OSMOCOM Command not found

Post by carrotface013 »

I am sure that I am just a noob and there is something super simple that i've missed, but I have followed the guide for installing bladeRF, gnuradio, etc on a Ubuntu 13.10 virtual machine. To my knowledge everything has installed successfully but when I go to run the command "osmocom_siggen -a bladerf=0,fpga=<your FPGA image> -s 8000000 -f 446000000 -g 4 --sine -x 25000" or the fft command it tells me command not found. Does anyone know how I might fix this?
jynik

Re: OSMOCOM Command not found

Post by jynik »

carrotface013 wrote:I am sure that I am just a noob and there is something super simple that i've missed, but I have followed the guide for installing bladeRF, gnuradio, etc on a Ubuntu 13.10 virtual machine.
Hello and welcome! Note that "your mileage may vary" when running on a VM; I've been told that USB3 support/perfomance has been spotty, but haven't verified it myself.
carrotface013 wrote: To my knowledge everything has installed successfully but when I go to run the command "osmocom_siggen -a bladerf=0,fpga=<your FPGA image> -s 8000000 -f 446000000 -g 4 --sine -x 25000" or the fft command it tells me command not found. Does anyone know how I might fix this?
At some point, you presumably ran a 'make install' in a gr-osmosdr directory, correct?

Just to be clear, you're also replacing the text "<your FPGA image>" with the path to the hostedx40.rbf or hostedx115.rbf (whichever applies your device), correct? Note that the fpga=<path to image> argument is unneccessary if you already loaded the FPGA via the bladeRF-cli program, or have autoloading enabled.

Would you mind copying and pasting exactly what you're running in the terminal, and the corresponding output? If you're new to Linux, perhaps we'll spot something wrong with your command line invocations.

Also, you can quickly verify that those programs are installed via the which command:

Code: Select all

$ which osmocom_fft
/opt/gnuradio-3.7.1git/bin/osmocom_fft
$ which osmocom_siggen
/opt/gnuradio-3.7.1git/bin/osmocom_siggen
Below are two more examples for you.

OSMOCOM FFT program, loading the FPGA as part of the command invocation

jon@example$ osmocom_fft -s 5M -f 455.55M -a 'bladerf=0,fpga=/home/jon/projects/bladeRF-files/hostedx40_v0.0.3.rbf'
Now if we close osmocom_fft, the FPGA is still loaded, so we don't have to provide the RBF file again. Also note that the bladeRF will be detected if no other SDR is plugged in, so the -a option isn't necesseary.:

jon@example$ osmocom_fft -s 2M -f 473.375M
- Jon