XB200 Transverter R62 and R63

Having issues with the site, hardware, source code, or any other issues?
Happy Heyoka

XB200 Transverter R62 and R63

Post by Happy Heyoka »

So I have my bladeRF and transverter working (at least with the 'live' gnuradio/ubuntu).

Reading the notes on the XB200, I see:
Resistors R62 and R63 on the XB-200 were populated for early production boards.
While I can probably remove those resistors easily enough... I'd hate to trust my SMT skills trying to put them back on :)

I've only had my board a few weeks - has there been another run of boards with fixed values or do I have one of the 'early production boards' ?
Unfortunately, this causes unbalanced loading on the analog signals feeding the RF chain and will severely degrade performance. It is highly recommended to remove R62 and R63 on the XB-200 if they are populated.
Is this 'severely degrade performance' just for the DAC output (J15) or more widespread?
jynik

Re: XB200 Transverter R62 and R63

Post by jynik »

Happy Heyoka wrote:I've only had my board a few weeks - has there been another run of boards with fixed values or do I have one of the 'early production boards' ?
I'm not sure, but have reported this to the proper folks as they are not supposed to be getting populated on new boards.

Happy Heyoka wrote:Is this 'severely degrade performance' just for the DAC output (J15) or more widespread?
You'd see degredation on the TX output, so it's important to remove these.
Happy Heyoka

Re: XB200 Transverter R62 and R63

Post by Happy Heyoka »

jynik wrote:
Happy Heyoka wrote:I've only had my board a few weeks - has there been another run of boards with fixed values or do I have one of the 'early production boards' ?
I'm not sure, but have reported this to the proper folks as they are not supposed to be getting populated on new boards.
off they come then.

I've attached some grabs from my microscope of the xb200 I have, with any luck it'll help pin down a batch number...
xb200_r62_r63_small.jpg
xb200_LMI_446_small.jpg
xb200_pcb_rev_small.jpg