gr-bladeRF source error

Discussions related to embedded firmware, driver, and user mode application software development
[email protected]

gr-bladeRF source error

Post by [email protected] »

I'm using a bladeRF 2.0 A9 unit and running a gr-bladeRF(git commit a0b316... from 9/3/2022) source in gnuradio-companion (version 3.10.2.0, python 3.10.5). Under arch linux, pacman -Q bladerf returns "bladerf 2021.10-1"
I had this working a few months ago and I could get data out and plot a spectrum. Now I'm getting an error when I try to run my block diagram:
AttributeError: module 'bladeRF' has no attribute 'source'
Now I know for a fact that bladeRF does have an attribute 'source' as I can open python, import bladeRF, and do dir(bladeRF) and I see 'source' in the list. So I think the call to instantiate bladeRF.source is failing, probably due to an error in one of the arguments, but I am not getting any debug information on this. I have set the verbosity to the highest level. What can I do to debug this? Thanks in advance!

Paul Probert
[email protected]

Re: gr-bladeRF source error

Post by [email protected] »

Ach, figured out that I had a conflict with things being /usr/local/lib and /usr/lib. Funny thing is if I import bladeRF in python manually I'd get the real thing, but if I ran the gnuradio-companion version I'd get a hollowed out bladeRF with no source attribute.
The change that fixed it for me was to run ccmake in the gr-bladeRF directory and change the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to /usr, then continue with cmake, make -j4 and sudo make install.