FSK modulation and demodulation

Discussions related to embedded firmware, driver, and user mode application software development
liisoo

FSK modulation and demodulation

Post by liisoo »

Hello, I found the HDL file of FSK modulation and demodulation in the folder, how can I add it to the bladerf project and combine with gnu radio to verify the accuracy of the addition? :?
robert.ghilduta

Re: FSK modulation and demodulation

Post by robert.ghilduta »

Are you referring to bladeRF-fsk? It should be compiled and available as a command line utility called "bladeRF-fsk" when compiling libbladeRF and bladeRF-cli from source or from a binary OS package.
For documentation on bladeRF-fsk please take a look at https://github.com/Nuand/bladeRF/blob/m ... /README.md
liisoo

Post by liisoo »

I want to add the following two files to FPGA image:
..bladeRF-master\hdl\fpga\ip\nuand\synthesis\fsk_modulator.vhd
..bladeRF-master\hdl\fpga\ip\nuand\synthesis\fsk_demodulator.vhd
robert.ghilduta

Post by robert.ghilduta »

Please take a look at the at FSK testbench in hdl/fpga/ip/nuand/synthesis/tb/fsk_tb.vhd . Also, take a look at FSK bridge and QPSK_TX FPGA build revisions for the bladeRF 1.0 series.
flangedislike

Post by flangedislike »

So helpful. Thank you.
coreball
charith123

Post by charith123 »

I having issues with bladeRF-fsk, if someone can please help.
I am following this github: https://github.com/Nuand/bladeRF/blob/m ... /README.md

the issue i am having is that when i do this command: bladeRF-fsk -r 924M -t 904M -i puppy.jpg
i am getting an error: sent: 0% ERROR: Transmission failed(no connection)
I have my blade connected to my laptop using USB and i have the antenna connected to TX
I dont know how this could be an issue of the laptop not recognizing the blade because when I do bladeRF-cli -p the device shows up.
To fix this problem I also tried modifying the command to: bladeRF-fsk -d <serial_number> -r 924M -t 904M -i puppy.jpg
but I still got the same error.

If someone can assist with this issue, I would greatly appreciate it.