Generate BSP errors

Discussions related to embedded firmware, driver, and user mode application software development
TobyXue

Generate BSP errors

Post by TobyXue »

Hello all,

I was trying to measure the code execution time inside of the Nios II, thus an "interval timer" peripheral could be necessary to do this. Therefore, I recently added an "interval timer" inside of the Nios II system, and this hence lead to some changes upon the corresponding .sopcinfo and .qsys files. The FPGA was compiled successfully, but files in bladerf_nios_bsp were not updated, and I tried to generate a new BSP regarding the changes in Nios II via Nios II Eclipse SBT, but Eclipse showed me an error message:

Error executing 'nios2-bsp-generate-files --bsp-dir . --settings settings.bsp', unexpected return code 1.
Error message:
SEVERE: settings.bsp
SEVERE: nios2-bsp-generate-files failed.

The board I am currently using is: BladeRF2.0 Micro- XA4; OS of the PC: Windows 11. Software versions: Quartus Prime 17.1 and its built-in Eclipse for Nios II SBT.

Are there anything wrong I did during building the FPGA? Can anyone help? Many thanks in advance.
thomasfrank

Re: Generate BSP errors

Post by thomasfrank »

You have to check the `settings.bsp` file, the installed components, the FPGA bitstream,pokedoku and clean and rebuild the project.
TobyXue

Post by TobyXue »

thomasfrank wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:58 am You have to check the `settings.bsp` file, the installed components, the FPGA bitstream,pokedoku and clean and rebuild the project.
Thank you for the advice, it has been resolved.
paulhenge

Post by paulhenge »

thomasfrank wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:58 am You have to check the `settings.bsp` file, the installed components, the FPGA bitstream, clean and rebuild the project.
Absolutely correct, the steps need to be performed completely and sequentially
bad ice cream
adamusa

Post by adamusa »

You need to recheck the code lines and reinstall settings.bsp according to the instructions to fix the problem. slither io
interviewwidow

Post by interviewwidow »

I've tried to generate BSP using NIOS II 11.1 SBT for Eclipse (right click project ->NIOS II -> Generate BSP),dinosaur game but got the following.
lilycollins9x

Post by lilycollins9x »

If compatibleincredibox, explore updating Quartus Prime and related tools to a newer version that may resolve potential bugs or compatibility issues.
anniesteuber

Post by anniesteuber »

Before generating a new BSP, try cleaning and rebuilding your project. This can help ensure that all necessary files are up to date. In Eclipse, you can go to "Project" > "Clean" and select your project to clean and rebuild it. Hello Neighbor
deniolps

Post by deniolps »

anniesteuber wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:58 pm Before generating a new BSP, try cleaning and rebuilding your project. This can help ensure that all necessary files are up to date. In Eclipse, you can go to "Project" > "Clean" and select your project to clean and rebuild itbackrooms game
I tried but it didn't work.