gr-osmocom

Having issues with the site, hardware, source code, or any other issues?
jhuflyer

gr-osmocom

Post by jhuflyer »

I'll just say I'm a noob up front both with Ubuntu (Linux) and GNU Radio in general. Although I hold my head in shame because I've been an RF/DSP engineer for 10 years...

Anyways, I can get the board to RX and TX using the bladeRF-cli program; however, I can't get "grc" or even osmocom_fft to work with the board.

I did get the following on the gr-osmocom build

-- ######################################################
-- # gr-osmosdr enabled components
-- * Python support
-- * FUNcube Dongle
-- * IQ File Source
-- * Osmocom RTLSDR
-- * RTLSDR TCP Client
-- * Ettus USRP Devices
-- * HackRF Jawbreaker
-- * nuand bladeRF
--
-- # gr-osmosdr disabled components

So the nuand bladeRF was loaded; however it doesn't show up when I try the osmocom_fft program and says something about hackRF not found. The bladeRF unit doesn't even show up in the support board list (e.g., hackRF, UHD, RTL-SDR)

I've followed the directions on the wiki page several times on a clean Ubuntu load and still can't get it to go.
bpadalino

Re: gr-osmocom

Post by bpadalino »

What do you put into the grc box for the device ID? bladerf=0 should work and find the first instance of a connected device.
jhuflyer

Post by jhuflyer »

Yes I have the bladerf=0 argument in the dialog box. It's seems as though the libraries for the bladeRF just don't exist.
bpadalino

Post by bpadalino »

There was an error on the wiki page when compiling the gr-osmocom drivers at one point. Basically the wiki was trying to override what pkg-config should have filled in for you, and in turn you would get a 'bladerf_get_frequency()' symbol not found.

We've since updated the wiki instructions once the error had been found and reported. Would you mind trying the wiki again - just from the gr-osmosdr compilation point? I believe you will have better results.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
muhammad awais

Post by muhammad awais »

i have followed the instructions on wiki page several time on fresh ubuntu but unable to get my bladerf working even with bladerf-cli program.
this is the output of my gr-osmocom build according to updated wiki page:

######################################################
-- # gr-osmosdr enabled components
-- * Python support
-- * Osmocom IQ Imbalance Correction
-- * FUNcube Dongle
-- * IQ File Source
-- * Osmocom RTLSDR
-- * RTLSDR TCP Client
-- * Ettus USRP Devices
-- * HackRF Jawbreaker
-- * nuand bladeRF
--
-- # gr-osmosdr disabled components
-- * sysmocom OsmoSDR
-- * FUNcube Dongle Pro+
-- * Osmocom MiriSDR

but i am still getting some error when i run osmocom_fft command i.e:

bladerf@bladerf:~/sandbox/gr-osmosdr/build$ osmocom_fft -a bladerf=0,fpga=/opt/bladeRF/fpga/hostedx115.rbf -s 8000000 -f 446000000

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/local/bin/osmocom_fft", line 34, in <module> import osmosdr

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/osmosdr/__init__.py", line 45, in <module> from osmosdr_swig import *

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/osmosdr/osmosdr_swig.py", line 26, in <module> _osmosdr_swig = swig_import_helper()

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/osmosdr/osmosdr_swig.py", line 22, in swig_import_helper _mod = imp.load_module('_osmosdr_swig', fp, pathname, description)

ImportError: /opt/gnuradio-3.7.1git/lib/libgnuradio-osmosdr-0.1.1git.so.0.0.0: undefined symbol: bladerf_get_frequency

please help me in this regard i am in a great trouble and out of time please help :