SDR-Radio.com Supports bladeRF

Discussions related to embedded firmware, driver, and user mode application software development
cmh716

Re: SDR-Radio.com Supports bladeRF

Post by cmh716 »

Ok thanks for looking into it. Is it possible the USB cable is too long? I am using the one they provided with the BladeRF and it's plugged directly into the motherboard port.
SDR-Radio.com

Post by SDR-Radio.com »

cmh716 wrote:Ok thanks for looking into it. Is it possible the USB cable is too long? I am using the one they provided with the BladeRF and it's plugged directly into the motherboard port.
I doubt it.
evaxc

Post by evaxc »

SDR-Radio.com wrote:Hi,

http://v2.sdr-radio.com/Download.aspx take the Beta. Has been tested on a computer in the US with USB 3.0, on my computer with USB 2.0.

Maximum sample rate is 38.4MHz, to use this you'll need a decent CPU. Lowest sample rate is 2 MHz.

Complaints here if you want, I'm going to start a few TX components today, step one is reading from the microphone - not rocket science I know.
hi,
I installed sdr-radio.com on my PC with windows xp.And after connect my bladeRF,I didn't find the bladeRF option in sdr-radio.and I saw the window says"nothing found,sorry" for every option in the "Search" menu. Could you please help me ?thank you !
on4bhm

Post by on4bhm »

@30Mhz or more, i also get stuttering.
@20Mhz it is ok.

I7 processor with 4GB ram and 500GB ssd.
connected bladeRF with usb3.
orangepeel

Post by orangepeel »

As per a previous comment I get the message "cannot get exclusive access to the selected radio". When I look to add the Bladerf radio there is an orange 'x' I guess this is the problem.

The Blade-cli command line program is working fine. Anything I should look out for.

System - Windows 7 USB 3 Bladerf auto loads the Hostedx40.rbf at power up.

p.s. love the layout of your GUI
dk5ras

Post by dk5ras »

Sometimes the software is not ended correctly, still the sdr console task is running in the background. Killing it with task manager cures this.

Also at most starts I get a requester that forces me to delete the window settings, otherwise the software refuses to start. Well, beta...but a nice piece of work!

Ralph.
drelectro

Post by drelectro »

Hi Simon,

I gave your app a try this weekend here are my observations:-

- It looks great
- With the BladeRF connected via USB-2 It works OK up to 10 Msps, beyond that I get stuttering, nothing looks out of order on the performance monitor
- With the BladeRF connected via USB-3 I get a BSOD after running the app for only a few seconds

My system is Win7-64 on a i7-3770K / gigabyte z77x-ud5h

Mike
SDR-Radio.com

Post by SDR-Radio.com »

drelectro wrote:Hi Simon,

I gave your app a try this weekend here are my observations:-

- It looks great
- With the BladeRF connected via USB-2 It works OK up to 10 Msps, beyond that I get stuttering, nothing looks out of order on the performance monitor
- With the BladeRF connected via USB-3 I get a BSOD after running the app for only a few seconds

My system is Win7-64 on a i7-3770K / gigabyte z77x-ud5h

Mike
Hi Mike,

With USB2.0 10 MS/s is about the max you'll get.

If you get a BSOD then it's a driver issue I'm afraid.
dk5ras

Post by dk5ras »

Got the BSOD when I had a presentation, and the USB cable slipped out of the BladeRF :) Got some comments, "the same happened to Bill Gates a time ago"...

Ralph.
evaxc

Post by evaxc »

Hi,
I download the sdr-radio.com v2 ,and I use the xp. After I connecte my bladeRF and load the fpga using the bladeRF-cli,then I open the console.But I can't find the "bladeRF" in the search dropdown, and I saw the window says"nothing found sorry" every time when I chose one thing in the drop down.
Could you please tell me what should I do to let my bladeRF work correctly with the sdr-radio?
Thank you very much!!

http://v2.sdr-radio.com/Download.aspx take the Beta. Has been tested on a computer in the US with USB 3.0, on my computer with USB 2.0.

Maximum sample rate is 38.4MHz, to use this you'll need a decent CPU. Lowest sample rate is 2 MHz.

Complaints here if you want, I'm going to start a few TX components today, step one is reading from the microphone - not rocket science I know.
SDR-Radio.com

Post by SDR-Radio.com »

evaxc wrote:Hi,
I download the sdr-radio.com v2 ,and I use the xp. After I connecte my bladeRF and load the fpga using the bladeRF-cli,then I open the console.But I can't find the "bladeRF" in the search dropdown, and I saw the window says"nothing found sorry" every time when I chose one thing in the drop down.
Could you please tell me what should I do to let my bladeRF work correctly with the sdr-radio?
Thank you very much!!

Hi - Tell me more: USB 2 or USB 3, if USB 3 what chipset. What operating system (must be 64-bit at the moment)?

I have quite a few reports of success, if you can't see the device in my console then it's a driver / firmware / Nuand issue I'm afraid.

I think I (we) need a page on the nuand site which explains how to install the bladeRF on Windows and confirm that everything is in place and that it's working.
dk5ras

Post by dk5ras »

I guess 64 bit is the problem - usually XP is 32 bit... Can confirm, it does not work on a WinXP 32 bit machine.

Ralph.
SDR-Radio.com

Post by SDR-Radio.com »

dk5ras wrote:I guess 64 bit is the problem - usually XP is 32 bit... Can confirm, it does not work on a WinXP 32 bit machine.

Ralph.
Raplh,

There are no 32-bit support DLLs in the current kit, only 64-bit.
schrambo

Post by schrambo »

Hi everyone.

edit: I am an idiot.
Forgot to load the FPGA before loading SDR-radio.
Working good so far. :) (not that I know what I'm doing LOL)
Last edited by schrambo on Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
evaxc

Post by evaxc »

SDR-Radio.com wrote:
evaxc wrote:Hi,
Thank you very much!!

Hi - Tell me more: USB 2 or USB 3, if USB 3 what chipset. What operating system (must be 64-bit at the moment)?

I have quite a few reports of success, if you can't see the device in my console then it's a driver / firmware / Nuand issue I'm afraid.

I think I (we) need a page on the nuand site which explains how to install the bladeRF on Windows and confirm that everything is in place and that it's working.

usb2.0,I set the samplerate as 40Ms/s ,and found many samples lost,and one 100MB file generated in 10s. what a pity my operating system is 32bit :(