Ubuntu 12.04 woes.

Having issues with the site, hardware, source code, or any other issues?
Montezuma

Re: Ubuntu 12.04 woes.

Post by Montezuma »

I am on Ubuntu 13.10, and I am having the same issue you are. I am about to delete my current copy of the source, see about getting a copy from a different place, and see if I am successful.

EDIT

Have you tried using PyBOMBS? I'm about to test that route, to see if I find much joy through that option.

Install PyBOMBS, use ./app_store.py, and let me know if you have any luck.
jynik

Post by jynik »

FWIW, just wanted to share my experiences...

Although I've brought up the bladeRF code on a 12.04 VM, I haven't run through the whole process of bringing up GNU Radio in it. I'll have to give this a shot on a free weekend (do I have those anymore?) and report back.

I've had good success with build_gnuradio on 12.10, 13.04, and 13.10, per the instructions in the wiki. Were you not providing the switch to pull things from master by any chance? Or conversely, any chance you pulling everything from master and happened to hit a few bad commits?

At any rate, most of the bladeRF devs work on newer distros, so it's probably a good idea to use a more updated distro. :)
sebas

Post by sebas »

I got the same error:

Code: Select all

/usr/include/gnuradio/logger.h:116:31: fatal error: log4cpp/Category.hh: No such file or director
To fix it, I installed log4cpp. On Ubuntu there are packages liblog4cpp5, liblog4cpp5-dev and liblog4cpp-doc.

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install liblog4cpp5, liblog4cpp5-dev liblog4cpp-doc 
Other distributions have different naming conventions:
http://www.codeproject.com/Questions/30 ... to-install