Arch Linux and wxgui? (GRC)

Having issues with the site, hardware, source code, or any other issues?
jynik

Re: Arch Linux and wxgui? (GRC)

Post by jynik »

jowijo wrote:Well....the fact I have three topics topping this thread, either I have bad luck, or I'm paying the price for using a rolling release distro now. :D
That's what the forum's for. Don't be ashamed to use it! IMHO, by documenting your road bumps and (mis)adventures, you're helping others in the community who might run into similar problems, as well as helping developers become more aware of new use cases and configurations "out in the wild." When you're the one running into problems, it certainly sucks...but thanks for your patience!

The Arch-related questions you've had have been a bit of stumpers for me, as that's not a distro I've yet run tests against, and I don't have a good feel for what the state of their various packages are.

I'd encourage you to hop on IRC if your thread's getting stale and ask if someone could take a look at the post (tackle one at a time, though, as not to inundate people). I belive there are a few Arch users on there, as well as a number of people very experience with GNU Radio.

Of course, if you get anwers on IRC, we love to have the solutions posted back here. There's nothing worse than finding a forum thread matching your issue and it not coming to a conclusion. ;)
jowijo wrote: Not only can I not write the FPGA, get a generic (Device I/O error), more important is this:
This sounds like something more down my alley. To debug this, what I'd like to see is some bladeRF-cli invocations with the --v verbose arguments to dump out lots of info. I usually also like to see the following when debugging, which can be obtained via the version in the bladeRF-cli interactive mode. (The non-device specific versions can also be viewed via bladeRF-cli --lib-version and bladeRF-cli --version
  • libbladeRF version
  • bladeRF-cli version
  • FPGA version
  • Firmware version
When you say "write the FPGA" are you referring to writing the FPGA bitstream to flash (via the -L option) or just loading it for the current session (via -l)?

Either way, if you share some verbose logs of attempting to access the device, I might be able to share some ideas.

jowijo wrote: I can't seem to get wxgui to load properly in GNURadio. I have the dependencies met, however I get two different results from two different builds:
AUR: gnuradio -- No WX or Instrumentation listing at all in GRC
AUR: gnuradio-git -- WX and Instrumentation visible, but fail with:

Code: Select all

_windows_.Panel_swiginit(self,_windows_.new_Panel(*args, **kwargs))
wx._core.PyAssertionError: C++ assertion "m_window" failed at ./src/gtk/dcclient.cpp(2041) in DoGetSize(): GetSize() doesn't work without window
The full output is like this paste. Not mine but is the same.

Arch likes to install things in /usr/local/bin which has caused issues before with some appliations I use, but it never bothered GNURadio before. Any ideas?
Holy smokes, that's quite an interesting one. Unfortunately (or fortuantely for me?), I've never seen that. This one sounds like a more GNU Radio question, so if you don't get any ideas here or on #bladeRF, it might be worth checking in on the more GNU Radio-focused mailing list or IRC channels.
jynik

Re: Arch Linux and wxgui? (GRC)

Post by jynik »

Mind trying the lastest libbladeRF and bladeRF-cli from git master? There's some addition log_verbose() and log_debug() calls in there in addition to some fixes, which while I don't believe will necessarily help, might be good to have.

Given that you noted the wxgui item being the most pressing item, we can take the FPGA-related stuff to another thread if you'd like.