bluescreen problem

Having issues with the site, hardware, source code, or any other issues?
soshini

bluescreen problem

Post by soshini »

when i load fpga v0.0.3 on bladerf bluescreen appear
plz help
jynik

Re: bluescreen problem

Post by jynik »

Did you get past this issue? Sounds like a driver/card problem.

To get allow folks to understand your situation and provide insight, could you provide the following?
  • OS version
  • USB3 controller and are you using its latest drivers
  • libbladeRF and bladeRF-cli version (run 'bladeRF-cli -i' then run the 'version' command)
Any other details pertaining to the Troubleshooting wiki page would be good to share as well.
soshini

Post by soshini »

excuse me
when i flash fx3 with fw 1.6.1 this happens(bladeRF-cli -f bladeRF_fw_v1.6.1.img)
but when i use interactive mode to flash (load fx3 bladeRF_fw_v1.6.1.img) it works without problem
bladeRF-cli version: 0.10.3-git
libbladeRF version: 0.12.1-git
windows 7 64 bit ultimate
i use usb2 port
robert.ghilduta

Post by robert.ghilduta »

Thanks for reporting this, I was finally able to reproduce and fix it. The Windows installer should now have this fix as well.
You can find out more about the fix at https://github.com/Nuand/bladeRF/commit ... 84fe938c3c
yoshimifuj

Post by yoshimifuj »

I experienced bluescreen with Windows8.1 Professional x64

bladeRF> version

bladeRF-cli version: 0.10.3-git
libbladeRF version: 0.12.1-git

Error: File or device I/O failure

Windows' bluescreen said 'WDF_VIOLATION'.
jynik

Post by jynik »

yoshimifuj,

Could you please provide more information regarding what's occurring when the bluescreen happens? From what you said below, it appears that the File/device I/O failure occured when you ran the 'version' command -- is this true?

Do you know what firmware version you're running? Have you tried upgrading your firmware (the latest is v1.6.1, obtained here), as described on this wiki page?

- Jon
yoshimifuj

Post by yoshimifuj »

Jon,

It happened when I was flashing the firmware.
I'm using the latest version of the firmware.
I can't re-produce it today.

Yoshimi
jynik

Post by jynik »

Hi Yoshimi,

Given that it was while you were flashing firmware, I believe the issue you were seeing was the same one soshini was reporting earlier in this thread. As you see in the previous post, Robert added a workaround for this in commit b909236f, which corresponds to libbladeRF v0.14.0 and bladeRF-cli v0.10.6.

The underlying problem was that after flashing the firmware, the bladeRF was sent a "device reset" command. At this point, it is no longer possible to close the device handle -- in Windows (when using the libusbK driver), attempting to close the device handle that the device is no longer associated with appears to result in a bluescreen.

Robert's change removes the attempt to close the device handle. More recent versions of the code no longer send the device recent command, and instead instruct the user to power cycle the device for the firmware upgrade to take a effect. This has the slight advantage of not leaking memory (due to not being able to close the device handle).

I would suggest updating to a more recent codebase...if not for this issue, for a number of other fixes that have made it in over the recent weeks.

- Jon