How to extract a header file

Off topic threads and discussions

Moderator: robert.ghilduta

wkim

How to extract a header file

Post by wkim » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:46 am

Hello,

I am trying to extract the header file of the packet. I am curious if I can get the header file when I take the traces. I would like to check the rx_time of the RTL.

bglod

Re: How to extract a header file

Post by bglod » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:02 am

Would you mind providing more information? I'm not quite sure what you are asking. The official hosted FPGA image and libbladeRF support timestamping already, so you could do the demodulation on the host in software or on the bladeRF in the HDL. Demodulating in HDL is of course more accurate, but you'd have to write that yourself, as well as any supporting logic to log the timestamp data at the appropriate time.
Electrical Engineer
Nuand, LLC.

wkim

Post by wkim » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:06 am

Thank you for your answer. I wanted to check the timestamp. So I guessed that I may be able to check the timestamp in a header file. That's because when I used the USRP, I found the timestamp in the header file.

I will try your advice. Thank you so much!

bglod

Post by bglod » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:51 am

Oh, yeah it's not in a header file. The timestamp is a run-time value that used for synchronous TX or RX. It can be used to transmit or receive at a specific time, or to simply RX/TX and report back the current time of the data buffer. Some more information about this is in our API:

http://www.nuand.com/libbladeRF-doc/v1. ... _meta.html
Electrical Engineer
Nuand, LLC.